House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shedfish

The Great Unwind Has Begun

Guest Shedfish

someone is so fired

some choice quotes:

Financial-services companies are the most vulnerable to this reduction of borrowed money across the globe, they said.

The banks have a long way to go," the strategists said. "We would continue to avoid the sector while they are de-leveraging.

We are now confronted by a broad bloodbath in the credit markets," Citigroup said. " The most leveraged paper is falling in value because it is leveraged, and now the least leveraged paper is also falling in value because it is owned by leveraged investors.

Investors should also avoid hedge funds themselves, along with private equity, Citi added. Both types of investment rely at least partly on borrowed money to generate returns.

," Robert Buckland and his colleagues on Citi's global strategy team wrote in a note to clients. "Easy money encouraged many to buy a bigger house, a bigger car or a bigger speculative position."

WOW WEE , these guy's are so on the ball , telling it as it is is , even though there like 5 years behind the curve ;)

Northern Rock has a 6% savings account. Its penalty free easy access. Its 100% guaranteed by the Government regardless of amount. Can't get much better than that. Oh - and the 6% is fixed for 12 months so when the MPC drop rates this 6% will look even more attractive.. Its where I've stored my gold money which I thankfully never spent on gold ;-)

ANDY

Northern Rock has a 6% savings account. Its penalty free easy access. Its 100% guaranteed by the Government regardless of amount. Can't get much better than that. Oh - and the 6% is fixed for 12 months so when the MPC drop rates this 6% will look even more attractive.. Its where I've stored my gold money which I thankfully never spent on gold ;-)

ANDY

So for as long as New Labour are in Government you money is guaranteed, sounds as safe as houses to me I'm off to the bank to get mine out and put it under the bed.