House Price Crash Forum
D'artagnan

Metro: Britain Faces A Worse Housing Crash Than The Us

People are surely going to start waking up soon. Although volumes are down we're still seeing around 50,000 successful mortgage applications a month and some of these must be coming from people on normal incomes not just the super rich. I'm sure many can still pass this headline off as overblown media hyberole when its in fact the genuine article.

People are surely going to start waking up soon. Although volumes are down we're still seeing around 50,000 successful mortgage applications a month and some of these must be coming from people on normal incomes not just the super rich. I'm sure many can still pass this headline off as overblown media hyberole when its in fact the genuine article.

reckon you're looking at 30,000 in April which will be a record low by a long way vis a vis other Aprils. Biggest shock to come is when the re-mortgage machine grinds to a halt; last month saw a 43% increase in re-mortgage volume, that is unsustainable and is just as important a figure to keep a weather eye on IMHO.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
reckon you're looking at 30,000 in April which will be a record low by a long way vis a vis other Aprils.

Oh how I wish you could break down this figure into areas, I would love to know how things are going in the Inner London Boroughs. Mainly the areas in Tower Hamlets, Canning Town, Custom House, Plaistow, Stratford, and East Ham. :)

Well that should do a lot for sentiment.

I'm surprised it's not the headline right across the meedja landscape...... All those meedja types - BTL Scammers -- KACKING their pants right now :lol:

Does anyone else thing that this is getting way out of hand? We wanted a house price correction and a bit of justice to boot, but.............With the above headline and most of the over papers front pages concerned with ensuring a run on Halifax this is *could to be the mother of all snowballs.* What if people do start panicking and then cause a run at other banks or, worse, food stores?

Over the past few years the people on here have been as aware as anyone of how devestating herd mentality can be and watched it in slow motion. Imagine the damage that could be caused if all that was speeded up?

Bugger.

Imagine the damage that could be caused if all that was speeded up?

I've imagined, and it can't be as bad as the "boom" has already proven to be.

Does anyone else thing that this is getting way out of hand? We wanted a house price correction and a bit of justice to boot, but.............With the above headline and most of the over papers front pages concerned with ensuring a run on Halifax this is *could to be the mother of all snowballs.* What if people do start panicking and then cause a run at other banks or, worse, food stores?

Over the past few years the people on here have been as aware as anyone of how devestating herd mentality can be and watched it in slow motion. Imagine the damage that could be caused if all that was speeded up?

Bugger.

I think if cgano was about he would reply to this post with the following

"100% Guaranteed"

Guest Bart of Darkness
Does anyone else thing that this is getting way out of hand?

TBH no. It didn't take too long on HPC.co.uk for me to realise that high house prices were simply a reflection of a far great malaise.

TBH no. It didn't take too long on HPC.co.uk for me to realise that high house prices were simply a reflection of a far great malaise.

House prices only started to make real sense to me after I looked at what was going on with private equity leveraged buyouts.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Actually, I think it'll all be ok. Gordon's at the helm, phew.

Yup, I'll certainly be sleeping soundly tonight knowing that the Mighty One® is guarding the nation's finances.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Yup, I'll certainly be sleeping soundly tonight knowing that the Mighty One® is guarding the nation's finances.

Why thank you BOD. :)

Bugger.

didnt notice me at makro last year did you.......

Found the online version of the Metro's story here.

For such a headline, there wasn't much to feed on in the article itself - nothing new anyway.