House Price Crash Forum

Dow Opening Trumpetted

Rover

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Maybe they know what's going to happen tomorrow

And even if they don't they will undoubtedly be afraid of what might happen tomorrow. It seems to be the case that so long is there is a rate cut or some "not so bad as we feared" news things proceed onward and upward. It's during the gaps inbetween that they get the chance to worry about what's going to happen next.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Besides, after yesterday's rally, the DJIA has broken out a bearish channel and the MACD is shouting buy.

(got that from tradingcentral.com)

Click here to see our chart:

http://www.tradingcentral.com/chart/INDU080319.GIF

Our pivot point stands at 11960.

Our preference: As long as 11960 is not broken down, we favour an upmove with

12750 and then 13000 as next targets.

Alternative scenario: Only the downside breakout of 11960 will invalidate our

bullish scenario. In this case, a decline should shape towards 11750 at first,

and then 11510.

Comment: Daily indicators are rebounding. The MACD has validated a bullish

divergence : it's a buy signal.

Trend: ST limited rise; MT range.

Supports and resistances:

13250 ***

13000 **

12750 *

12392 last

11960 *

11750 **

11510 **

---

HOLA448
Besides, after yesterday's rally, the DJIA has broken out a bearish channel and the MACD is shouting buy.

Chartists are hilarious.. You do realise that pretty much every signal apparently found by these people will also be found in entirely random time series?

HOLA449
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Chartists are hilarious.. You do realise that pretty much every signal apparently found by these people will also be found in entirely random time series?

Never trust a graph.

HOLA4410

It depends what you define by chartists. If you can zoom right into the market structure, and see the interplay of volume, consolidation, dis equilibrium and equilibrium between buyers and sellers, then you will make alot of money being a "chartist"

Richard Dennis made about 400million from being a chartist, Ed Seykota made probably more again. Everything is in the price action.

For example yesterdays massive 400 move in the DOW was on half the average volume. This is bearish. If the rally had been on twice the average volume, then it would have had more meaning.

Reading charts isnt about looking at obscure price patterns and coming to random conclusions...its about looking at the market in a 3 dimensional way, by looking at variable of time, price, volume, which can be sub divided into- acceleration, deceleration, increasing/decreasing volatility and many more things that I m not going into now...markets are not linear, chaos is present. Small incremental changes detected on very small time frames can lead to large ripple effects on larger time frames.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

It was bound to fall back after yesterday's gains, from profit-takers, especially if they were part of a a 'sell/fall/buy' heist.

But I've just been watching the Dow on ADVFN and its yo-yo ing 20 points between -160change and -180change almost second by second!

Is that normal?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

My earlier post suggesting a fall of 200 points in the Dow was way off target,

Make that nearer 300 points !!!!

What a state the USA economy is in ,there must be another large bank about to collapse.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

The best quote I have heard for some time.

Alistair Darling would have been proud of it

"The Federal Reserve is pedaling as fast as possible to keep the bicycle out of the ditch.''

Marvellous words

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
A hefty cut in interest rates would soon sort things out.

Yes, as you said for about 4 - 8 hours. Enough time for the brokers, speculators and dealers to make a quick 2-3%.

It really is unbelievable, unfortunately I lack the courage (or is it stupidity) to gamble on this highly predictable behaviour.

When my STR fund becomes available in April, I may reconsider - but i doubt it :(