New Build Desperate Offer

http://www.smartnewhomes.com/content/speci...86/details.aspx

No rent, no fees, no messing !

Request a Brochure

No rent, No fees, no messing !

A three bedroom 3 storey home for just £127,500

You pay only 75% of the purchase price

You pay no interest on rent on the remaining 25%

The remaining share is paid back as 25% of the property’s market value, at the time of resale or within 10 years – which ever is sooner

Plot 5 a three bedroom 3 storey home £170,000 - you pay just £127,500*

As well as sounding desperate, this offer shows just how much margin there is in newbuild for them to offer an interest free loan of £42.5K over 10 years with the risk of a nominal loss should the 'market value' in 10 years be below £170K

Request a Brochure

The remaining share is paid back as 25% of the property’s market value, at the time of resale or within 10 years – which ever is sooner

As well as sounding desperate, this offer shows just how much margin there is in newbuild for them to offer an interest free loan of £42.5K over 10 years with the risk of a nominal loss should the 'market value' in 10 years be below £170K

Its not a loan, its an equity stake of 25% and your forgot the * Terms and Conditions Apply Upon Request.

Lets say in ten years time the property is worth 100k, the Landlord will get 25k back.

How will you sell while in NE in a couple of years? They are hoping that in 10years time the value will have recovered while still getting rent in the meantime. What a swizz!

Request a Brochure

I've got a better idea. How about

Plot 5 a three bedroom 3 storey home £127,500

without the bullsh!t.

How will you sell while in NE in a couple of years? They are hoping that in 10years time the value will have recovered while still getting rent in the meantime. What a swizz!

Nope.

No rent.

You buy 75%.

Between now and ten years time (your choice) you buy off the other 25% at

the then market value, whatever that may be.

Interesting to see what a mortgage broker will lend on such a venture.

100% of the 75% ??

I doubt it.

I reckon that the mortgage broker will lend 75% of the 75%, as the 25% unpaid part

is not genuine equity and the overall value could easily drop 20% or more.

Can't see that it will help anyone afford the property.

I reckon that the mortgage broker will lend 75% of the 75%, as the 25% unpaid part

is not genuine equity

Indeed. It's not equity at all. Somebody else owns it. It's debt. 75% of 75% is 56%.

In fact, I think there's a good argument for restricting the mortgage to 50% of the 170k. Because what you're really getting is a 25% mortgage from a third party.

So bank will lend 75% of 170k. But 25% is lent by builder, so bank only lends remaining 50%.

Can't see that it will help anyone afford the property.

Can you really not see that having to raise only 127k is easier than having to raise 170k? Really?

So the bottom line they can't find a SUCKER who will pay the asking price of 170K, so trying to offload it to another SUCKER under a different disguise Shared/Part ownership . Best bet wait till they are auctioned off under REPOSESSIONS then you will get it for its real value probably less than 127K and you get 100% for that price not 75%. Developers are not charities its like its the last roll of the dice before they go under.

Can you really not see that having to raise only 127k is easier than having to raise 170k? Really?

I understand your point; but my meaning was that most don't have that kind of deposit,

and unless they could borrow the whole 100% (of the 75%), the scheme doesn't actually

help them.

It doesn't assist people who have little deposit.

A load of massive new build blocks of flats are being built where I live in greater London and there were plans for more. I've seen some similar complicated types of offers to try and sell them.

Some were ridiculously expensive, I remember seeking a 200K advert just for a studio. To put this in context two bedroom terrace houses in this area were going for around 250K. (they haven't started dropping yet)

I suspect they are not going to sell :P

It will be interesting to see just how much they eventually fall.

Im currently working on a new build site. The cheapest 2 bed 'executive apartments' were originallly up for £152k. I've just had a look on rightmove and they are now around £125k. This is one of the big four builders.

2008 - Studio flat in Brixton = £210,000.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-187...=4&tr_t=buy

2013 - The same studio flat in Brixton = £80,000.

I think I'll wait. <_<

Request a Brochure

....IMO go in and offer full price £120,000 with all the add ins and see the reaction ..they may bite ...builders need cash flow... <_<