House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hedi

Anyone Spotted Green Shoots Of Recovery Yet

Sunday Telegraph was the first to use the phrase; http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...hl=green+shoots

We've got a Greenshoot-ometer running to keep track of the next numpty journalist to write it....

Isn't there some sort of bamboo torture that the Japanese or Chines used to use?

They stacked the victim over a pile of growing bamboo shoots and these quickly grew through the poor victim, impaling him as it grew.

Now that I think of it though, I did hear that when I was about 10 and it does sound a little unlikely.

Still, those are the only green shoots that the over-leveraged are likely to see, as they come out of their chest. Yuk.

Are we talking housing? In that case I don't expect to see any green shoots until 2011 at the earliest. The economy is on a one-way ticket downwards at the moment too. What I do find encouraging is the way that the Bear Stearns crisis was handled in the US. Sure, the fact that the bank effectively went bust is an indication of just how bad things are, but compared to the ineptitude with which Northern Rock was handled in the UK it suggests to me that governments are learning what to do.

Are we talking housing? In that case I don't expect to see any green shoots until 2011 at the earliest. The economy is on a one-way ticket downwards at the moment too. What I do find encouraging is the way that the Bear Stearns crisis was handled in the US. Sure, the fact that the bank effectively went bust is an indication of just how bad things are, but compared to the ineptitude with which Northern Rock was handled in the UK it suggests to me that governments are learning what to do.

They're saying it was a plot now.... :blink::unsure::P