House Price Crash Forum
dubsie

Labour - Loonie Left Takes Grip

As Labour struggle with the Polls it appears that the far left is attempting to make a last effort to introduce a Equalities Bill into Parliament this year, The Equalities Bill is being pushed by the far left and could mean that White Men could be blocked from applying for jobs.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/38293/...e-men-from-jobs

I predict a wave of left wing bills being brought in before Labour run for another election.

Edited by dubsie

As Labour struggle with the Polls it appears that the far left is attempting to make a last effort to introduce a Equalities Bill into Parliament this year, The Equalities Bill is being pushed by the far left and could mean that White Men could be blocked from applying for jobs.

I predict a wave of left wing bills being brought in before Labour run for another election.

I hate New Labour more than most on here, but you really shouldn't believe all you read in the paper, especially the Express ( I prefer the Sport, myself). Something tells me that this is a load of old cobblers.

I hate New Labour more than most on here, but you really shouldn't believe all you read in the paper, especially the Express ( I prefer the Sport, myself). Something tells me that this is a load of old cobblers.

It's not please take a look at the Bill it's all in there.

It's not please take a look at the Bill it's all in there.

All the best lies have an element of truth, the truth here is that so-called 'positive discrimination,' is supported by some politicians. To make that 'white men barred from jobs' is the lie part. Personally I wish the title of the article was true !

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
All the best lies have an element of truth, the truth here is that so-called 'positive discrimination,' is supported by some politicians. To make that 'white men barred from jobs' is the lie part. Personally I wish the title of the article was true !

I'm in favour of banning all men from getting a job.

Mainly because I can't be arsed and the card games and whisky in the street would be good.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I'm in favour of banning all men from getting a job.

Mainly because I can't be arsed and the card games and whisky in the street would be good.

I'll second that!

The end result will be that ethnic minority and female employees will have to deal with the suspicion that they are only on the job because the law says so. So it'll hurt the very people it attempts to protect...

Positive discrimination is like trying to share a sausage out evenly by breaking it in half and then biting off bits to make both ends the same size.

I can't stand Harman and her anti-male laws, but the headline is incorrect and seriously misleading. The actual legislation encourages companies to choose an ethnic minority if two candidates are exactly equal otherwise. So it's a subtle tipping of the balance.

Still racist of course :)

I can't stand Harman and her anti-male laws, but the headline is incorrect and seriously misleading. The actual legislation encourages companies to choose an ethnic minority if two candidates are exactly equal otherwise. So it's a subtle tipping of the balance.

Still racist of course :)

"Exactly equal otherwise"? Ms Harman is suggesting something more worrying. Cloning is back on the agenda!

Perhaps the number of Poles leaving is causing the government concern and radical solutions are being considered.

p-o-p

I predict that you're a knob.

<tongue firmly in cheek>

The stated aim or 'equality' legislation is to make our companies and instituations more representative of society. Fine. But then I would ask Harriet Harman what she's going to do about Jewish MPs. I mean she's one herself after all, and as a group in British society they are massively over-represented in parliament - Harman, Millibandx2, Osbourne, Hodge, Bercow, Howard, Rifkind, Letwin, Mandelson - and more besides. Not bad going for less than 0.3% of the population. Of course these people may have got their job as a result of their abilities and talents, but then Labour aren't going to tolerate that. By my calculations there should be a quota of exactly 2 Jewish MPs to represent their proportion of the British population.

There are a disproportionate number of Scots in parliament too. I live in London and yet I'm respresented by Malcolm Rifkind who is both Scottish and Jewish. To redress this imbalance I demand that a Scottish constituency is given an English MP as soon as possible. Anyone that disagrees is racist, so there!

<tongue firmly in cheek/>

Edited by Orsino

All Express Readers Molest Children And Give Off Cancer Rays

- claim

I predict that you're a knob.

Yes that's helpful isn't it.

dubsie is merely bringing this to our attention so that it can be debated.

What I want to know is how is how the skillset of the two candidates can ever be 'exactly equal'. Who is to decide? Surely that word 'experience' is important is it not?

Having a brown woman and a white male with a 2.1 degree is Maths means that something must differentiate the two. I think the employer is better placed to determine what that is rather than Harman.

Yes that's helpful isn't it.

dubsie is merely bringing this to our attention so that it can be debated.

What I want to know is how is how the skillset of the two candidates can ever be 'exactly equal'. Who is to decide? Surely that word 'experience' is important is it not?

Having a brown woman and a white male with a 2.1 degree is Maths means that something must differentiate the two. I think the employer is better placed to determine what that is rather than Harman.

It's hard to even talk about such issues these days without someone pulling out the idiot card. Surely race shouldn't even be a factor in employment, regardless of race you should be employed based on your skills, personality and experience. This Labour government seems determined to stir up racial tensions in this country I honestly think that some Labour MPS are trouble makers.

<tongue firmly in cheek>

The stated aim or 'equality' legislation is to make our companies and instituations more representative of society. Fine. But then I would ask Harriet Harman what she's going to do about Jewish MPs. I mean she's one herself after all, and as a group in British society they are massively over-represented in parliament - Harman, Millibandx2, Osbourne, Hodge, Bercow, Howard, Rifkind, Letwin, Mandelson - and more besides. Not bad going for less than 0.3% of the population. Of course these people may have got their job as a result of their abilities and talents, but then Labour aren't going to tolerate that. By my calculations there should be a quota of exactly 2 Jewish MPs to represent their proportion of the British population.

There are a disproportionate number of Scots in parliament too. I live in London and yet I'm respresented by Malcolm Rifkind who is both Scottish and Jewish. To redress this imbalance I demand that a Scottish constituency is given an English MP as soon as possible. Anyone that disagrees is racist, so there!

<tongue firmly in cheek/>

Hehehe. Nice one. How many Scottish cyclopses are there in the country ? They're definitely over-represented in Parliament.