Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
anyone else?

I had this once.

Someone here suggested I clear my cookies, and that seemed to work. Havn't a clue why though...

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
... houses are currently a depreciating asset class. Commodities are currently an appreciating asset class.

yeah but, no but, Gold is down, and you can physically hold your house.

Bullion vault is a company. you have bought a piece of physical gold- which bit is yours in their pile- do you know?

if you dont, you have a situation very similar to cash in the bank. which bit is yours?

If you do, then you are safe, apart from the risk of fraud.

How do you PROVE your ID with the online Bullion vault?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

BullionVault can go into administration, just like any other company

and investors can lose *all* their investment, just like any other company.

HOLA4416
BullionVault can go into administration, just like any other company

and investors can lose *all* their investment, just like any other company.

WRONG...

check it out. If they go into admin, they will pay you your gold in physical form. They do not allow you to specify bars or coins, but they are under legal obligation to give you your gold. You are only paying them to store it for you. It is yours.

HOLA4417
WRONG...

check it out. If they go into admin, they will pay you your gold in physical form. They do not allow you to specify bars or coins, but they are under legal obligation to give you your gold. You are only paying them to store it for you. It is yours.

I stand corrected.

HOLA4418
Not true, I believe - you own the bullion directly, not via the company. It is and always will be yours, until you sell it. Going into administration would have no effect, other than to make the process of getting hold of it and selling it more laborious and time-consuming.

Assuming that the gold is really and physically in this vault. Imagine if it wasnt? :o:P

HOLA4419
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

So, you have invested money in a company which tells you it has some gold in a vault and gives you some sort of electronic record, and maybe even bits of paper which are it's promise to pay you gold?

Smells like a scam score 5/10.

HOLA4420
Assuming that the gold is really and physically in this vault. Imagine if it wasnt? :o:P

As I understand it, much of the "Gold" is held in liquid currency, to facilitate trading.

HOLA4421

I'd rather have a bar or two at home.

Unless you feel the need to show it off at parties to make up for a small todger or something it's not too hard to find a decent hiding place.

I'm pretty sure we had notes in the past that promised to pay gold as a redemption. Turns out it was the beginning of the scam that is fractional reserve banking.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
As I understand it, much of the "Gold" is held in liquid currency, to facilitate trading.

If that's the case, then an investor can still lose the lot.

True, one could spend years trying to get it back, but life is too short for that kind

of investment.

HOLA4424
WRONG...

enlighten me, which "legal obligation" is that, and how do you prove to the administrator that you are the person who signed up for the gold when you come to collect it.

Sounds to me like you have bought a share in a pile of gold. no bit is yours at divi time, Plus if they cant trade, at what price could you be compensated, what with ongoing storage cost, the costs of filing your bit away from an ingot, the costs of resmelting all the filings.

HOLA4425
enlighten me, which "legal obligation" is that, and how do you prove to the administrator that you are the person who signed up for the gold when you come to collect it.

Sounds to me like you have bought a share in a pile of gold. no bit is yours at divi time, Plus if they cant trade, at what price could you be compensated, what with ongoing storage cost, the costs of filing your bit away from an ingot, the costs of resmelting all the filings.

I find yogic breathing exercises are very good for inducing a clear head when one feels an overriding sense of panic at the possibility of losing everything.