House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paddles

Mpc Voted 7-2 Last Month

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publication...008/mpc0803.pdf

Reading between the lines, it sounded quite a lively debate. Well as lively as Central Bankers can be.....

I must get out more.

Blanchflower is often quoted as an idiot on here by all. However, he has been the MOST correct with regards to interest rates. Blanchflower votes ahead of the curve. Everybody laughs at him. In the next few months everybody copies him. Show me one vote he has made against the grain where he has not been followed by the rest of the MPC in the next 3 months.

An Actuary is a man who though an Accountant's work would be too exciting. Wonder if you can say the same for bankers?

I was told once that an Actuary is someone who expects you to die on time.

Blanchflower is often quoted as an idiot on here by all. However, he has been the MOST correct with regards to interest rates. Blanchflower votes ahead of the curve. Everybody laughs at him. In the next few months everybody copies him. Show me one vote he has made against the grain where he has not been followed by the rest of the MPC in the next 3 months.

Do you know how Blanchflower voted in aug 2005 when MPC *dropped* IR to, I think, 4.5,

a decision which Mervyn voted against and which is now almost universally accepted as

being quite a disastrous decision ?

That's been true while interest rates have been decreasing... essentially he votes for interest rate swings as agressive as those in the states - rather than those as conservative as Europe.

Volatility is always bad for the economy... so, I would argue, Branchflower likely does not have the best interests of Britain in mind when he votes.

That's a big bold statement there, Nohpc. It's the sort of statement that will result in someone reading this to scurry off and go through all the minutes from the last 2 years of MPC meetings and then post a list of the results to disprove you. Of course, you could have just as easily backed up your statement with the research yourself, but that wouldn't have been as much fun, would it?

Blanchflower is an idiot whens his tenure up?

The vote should be read as 7-1 as he is irrelevant.

They will find it very hard to cut this year, inflation will continue to climb look at the EU latest of 3.3%

Its a joke, how does a 7-2 indicate an imminent cut????????????

Also i'm pretty sure that they wouldnt have had access to the CPI figures as the vote was early in the month

Lets see how imminent a cut is when the CPI goes higher still next month.

Edited by I Told You So