House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smiffy1967

Just A Little Thank You To Hsbc

Well, the barstewards at HSBC have been at it again, but this time it saved me :)

i paid a HSBC money order into my HSBC account on saturday for 5K and was going to buy some more gold and silver.

when i went to purchase, funds had not cleared (money order, same bank)??

Anyways, i will buy at a lower rate now.

so for the first time, thanks HSBC but your still barstewards!

Well, the barstewards at HSBC have been at it again, but this time it saved me :)

i paid a HSBC money order into my HSBC account on saturday for 5K and was going to buy some more gold and silver.

I wondering just how much longer in the computer age, they can keep up the pretence of it taking 3/4 days to clear cheques or payments. They are "clearing" banks so you would have thought they had got the hang of it by now.

Also bank holidays? I'm sure they don't shut down their servers for the holiday. Money manages to go out on a bank holiday, but never in?

I have been moving my money to accounts I have on the continent over the last 2 years. I had the misfortune of having HSBC as an intermediary on one transaction and they helped themselves to a cut from the principal, not material but f**king cheeky, needless to say I now move my money to Nationwide before sending, £20 flat and they don't use intermediaries and it takes 2 business days. I really don't like HSBC <_<

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Sorry Guys but HSBC ( formerly Midland Bank ) have been complete angels dealing with my accounts the past 40 years. :P

I wondering just how much longer in the computer age, they can keep up the pretence of it taking 3/4 days to clear cheques or payments. They are "clearing" banks so you would have thought they had got the hang of it by now.

Also bank holidays? I'm sure they don't shut down their servers for the holiday. Money manages to go out on a bank holiday, but never in?

Don't worry, it's in hand. The place where I'm currently working has a project called 'Faster Payments' which addresses this issue.

I think it's all being driven by an EU Directive.