House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marcos Scriven

Very Local Annecdotal ...

This has just come on sale:

http://www.aspire.co.uk/property_detail.ph...ue&cmbType=

It's downstairs! :)

Give that the upstairs one next door went last april (ie at the peak of the market) for 550k, I cannot imagine why he's putting it on for 599!!

I've seen inside too - I don't really like the quality of his rennovation, the new floor boards, although real wood, look like laminate. And he's not move the skirting, so instead has put cheap looking beading all round the edges, which looks awful IMO. He's totally stripped any character. Oh, and he'd put in a nasty looking fake 'archway' into the kitchen, which he's boxed off, making it look tiny for a 600k home...

Thing is, I hope it does sell it at some price though, rather than rents it. I wouldn't expect it to go for more than 470k

M

I lived very close to their until last September (Park Hill just off Abbeville Road).

I distinctly remember in early 2006 you get a 3 bed freehold house for about £450k-£500k.

This unremarkable property on my old road (and AFAIR about 4 doors down) is on the market for £750k.

Shows how crazy and unsustainable prices in the area are. How is Clapham now £500k more of a desirable place to live (£250k difference plus same again in interest costs)?!

Good grief! £599K for a leasehold maisonette in Clapham.

I pity the fool.

People have been paying these prices for the last few years, I hope they sleep well at night, and it is not a too sharp wake up call, when they come to want to sell. :o

i could just imagine coming home from a day in the city, looking forward to a hit of my crack pipe and the scrapings off some used heroin foil. id perhaps read a book. tidy or just plain gouge out for a few hours.

if this was a 600k property it would be surrounded by 600k person cars. not a skoda nd an old shape £400 polo. in clapham.

Oh they are the servents' modes of transport, clearly seeing to the daily menial tasks.

My runabout is the one on the top left - a blue porsche boxster. :o

I do wonder how many people buying expensive stuff like that, only buy it because they think it'll go up in price. How much to rent such a property?

It's 3 bed, but one of the rooms is only 2m x 3.5m.

I reckon you could get around 1700-1800 pm, so quite a way short of the required mortgage!

Oh they are the servents' modes of transport, clearly seeing to the daily menial tasks.

My runabout is the one on the top left - a blue porsche boxster. :o

a porsche boxster ??

sorry sir. i wernt expectin' hany h'officers sir.....(salutes)...lifts barrier....

a porsche boxster ??

sorry sir. i wernt expectin' hany h'officers sir.....(salutes)...lifts barrier....

i know someone who MEWed for one of those...and saw one at car giant for less than the price of a toyta yaris...... :o

i know someone who MEWed for one of those...and saw one at car giant for less than the price of a toyta yaris...... :o

yep. its a cheese mobile alright. it starts where the 944 left off...

This is a most spacious flat offering in excess of 1000sq ft of living accomodation with it's own front door <----- lmfao

This country is fcucked beyong belife!

If the fact it has a 'front door' is a selling point on a 600 grand house then someone please tell me how its not a complete and utter fcuck up?

Edited by Nelly

Yes, they do.

And a professional couple can earn that each, doubling up to the 300k mark

Should i hope that wage inflation will eventually spread out from the M25 one day or is it more likely, these jobs will disappear and new jobs will replace them at much lower wages.... Hmmmm

This is a most spacious flat offering in excess of 1000sq ft of living accomodation with it's own front door <----- lmfao

This country is fcucked beyong belife!

If the fact it has a 'front door' is a selling point on a 600 grand house then someone please tell me how its not a complete and utter fcuck up?

To be fair, the price notwithstanding, if you are buying a flat, it is nice to have your own front door. It avoids communal mess, and is also indicative, as in this case, of it being purpose built (and hence not a strangely proportioned conversion)

To be fair, the price notwithstanding, if you are buying a flat, it is nice to have your own front door. It avoids communal mess, and is also indicative, as in this case, of it being purpose built (and hence not a strangely proportioned conversion)

you what?

are you on crack?

this place is worth about 100 grand

I'd share a fcuckin door with harold shipman, fred west, sadam husaine and al quida to save the 500 grand!!!!! fcuck me stiff

This country needs nuking of the planet

you what?

are you on crack?

I'd share a fcuckin door with harold shipman, fred west, sadam husaine and al quida to save the 500 grand!!!!! fcuck me stiff

Please read what I posted before you have a go at me.

I said PRICE NOTWITHSTANDING

I also started the entire thread by stating I thought it was a ridiculous price!

I think you're the one on crack

Edited by Marcos Scriven

Please read what I posted before you have a go at me.

I said PRICE NOTWITHSTANDING

I also started the entire thread by stating I thought it was a ridiculous price!

I think you're the one on crack

Your post seemed t justify the price

I still say this country id fcucked!

Guest KingCharles1st
you what?

are you on crack?

Best post in ages :P:lol::lol::P:lol:

you what?

are you on crack?

Brilliant :lol::lol::lol:

''masisonette'' ..''Propery''.......Accomodation'' ..............Can't EA's spell????

oh, I forgot ...EAing is what people not clever enough to do a proper job do :lol: