House Price Crash Forum
Guest mSparks

Fed Cuts Only 75 Basis Points

Guest Steve Cook

Gold is now taking a near vertical nosedive. I guess it will level out shortly. Jeez, it's a twitchy commodity, even when compared to the sharp movements in all commodities at the moment

Edited by Steve Cook

Gold is now taking a near vertical nosedive. I guess it will level out shortly. Jeez, it's a twitchy commodity, even when compared to the sharp movements in all commodities at the moment

Oh my goodness - someone mentioned *** GOLD ***

Move this thread right now - it doesn't belong here goddammit!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, yes it is dropping, wonder where it'll find it's level again? Bounced back from $994, at $996 now

Gold is a nice asset to have when everything is going down. Even if it goes down itself, its there to preserve your wealth when business are going bust left right and centre... Imagine it as a safety parachute on board a doomed plane, rather than rocket jetpack!

Oopps off topic !

Excuse me, does anyone know how much money the US Federal Reserve has? Normally one wouldn't like to ask, but as Ben Bernanke and his chums have embarked on a Washington-backed bail-out of Wall Street it suddenly becomes pertinent.

The answer is not enough, at least not enough to try to solve the current crisis without causing the US economy deep and long-term pain. Slashing rates again today, as expected, and printing cash, or near cash, to nullify America's toxic debt pile can only undermine the economy, just as it undermines the dollar. Rates will have to go up again, and probably for the long term.........

Telegraph.co.uk

Channel 4 news reporter said the FED has cut by .75% to try and avoid recession. Are these boys wearing blindfolds?

Channel 4 news reporter said the FED has cut by .75% to try and avoid recession. Are these boys wearing blindfolds?

Even Fox news isn't that naive.

I think this is the first time in the last year where the market fell after a fed cut.

The market has always fallen after a FED rate cut. Usually the FED rate cut ramp last more than 6 minutes.

Speedy gonzalez!