House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
R K

Boe Mpc Members Cancel Regional Trips

Heard on a financial news service that Gieve and Lomax have both cancelled planned regional visits later this week.

Merv has said it is important to be in London at this time to "monitor" the situation.

No link sorry.

Heard on a financial news service that Gieve and Lomax have both cancelled planned regional visits later this week.

Merv has said it is important to be in London at this time to "monitor" the situation.

No link sorry.

They must have been exercised by the response to the revelation that Bear Stearns' CEO was playing bridge while his, ahem, bridges were burning.

Here's a link with confirmation of King's cancelled trip.

http://www.lse.co.uk/UKMoneyNews.asp?Artic...vents_in_london

So they're expecting trouble....

The long weekend will allow ample opportunity to come up with any bad news late Thursday. Watch for rumours flying around on Thursday re a British Bank in trouble. They could use a long weekend to bury bad news, so to speak.

pure speculation but, if they were going for a surprise cut in IRs they would have done it the other day - things haven't got worse - on that basis I guess (and i stress speculation) that a bank is in trouble - I also guess it is B&B

Gieve got stuffed for being on his hols when NRK was at its height in August. It may be nothing, but it sounds like they may be working on something before/over the long weekend.

pure speculation but, if they were going for a surprise cut in IRs they would have done it the other day - things haven't got worse - on that basis I guess (and i stress speculation) that a bank is in trouble - I also guess it is B&B

Is the MPC's remit purely to determine base rates? If so and it is specifically MPC members that are cancelling their trips then surely that would indicate some kind of interest rate action? If it happens to be only the top tier BOE managers from the MPC who are sticking around then I guess it's not base rate related?

Edited by Kuma

it's pi * 1000 day on friday for those of you who follow those things... 20% chinese reval over easter weekend?

or coordinated rate cuts?

or both!!