House Price Crash Forum
laurejon

Is The Plan Coming Together ?

With the Euro currently at 1.2813 to the £

Is it the case that New Labour are steering the economy to parity with the Euro order that we are forced to join it or sink ?

Could it be the case that selling off our Gold Reserves in a firesale at a price fit for a Saudi Prince with an oil contract was the pre-cursor to the masterplan of the UK embedded deeply and ruled by the EU ?

Does anyone believe for a single moment that Gordon Brown was a good chancellor with the nations interests at heart ?

Is it the case that New Labour are steering the economy to parity with the Euro order that we are forced to join it or sink ?

Could it be the case that selling off our Gold Reserves in a firesale at a price fit for a Saudi Prince with an oil contract was the pre-cursor to the masterplan of the UK embedded deeply and ruled by the EU ?

Does anyone believe for a single moment that Gordon Brown was a good chancellor with the nations interests at heart ?

why will we be forced to join?

we still have gold reserves.

We will be TOLD we have to join to save ourselves (lies)

Then they MAY hold a referendum.

I would always strongly argue you vote NO.

If things are that bad you should have a good gold holding.

I would definitely think that we will see parity with the Euro....

1 £ = 1 EURO....

Definitely within 2 years. Mark my words!

Then what happens, they magically become the same currency?

Then what happens, they magically become the same currency?

Yes, as if by magic, they do... but you can only see the change if you're sporting a Tinfoil Trilby.

(Edited to add...)

It's also true that if the pound reaches £1 to 3.142 Euros, all Euros become pounds.

Edited by Moo

Heh, I think it goes way deeper than europe. I'm now beginning to think that Iraq was the last throw of the dice in the game to control resources before the inauguration of the NWO policy of resource control and one (developed) world government.

As a world we've reached a point where demand and supply for natural resources to maintain the 'western' lifestyle is now at saturation. Rather than let the world sink into anarchy and war, the elite have made the majority slaves through easy credit and a few years of 'high living' on the back of percieved wealth. Brown, Blair and the rest of the cronies will have been promised plenty for compliance (just look at Blair's 'rewards' now, they're not even trying to hide it). Most people have no choice but to be compliant and subserviant to the systems that will be setup. Most people will want a 'saviour' to fix the broken economies.

Brown is just a puppet for the elite, he's duped the majority for as long as necessary. Why do you think he laughed during the budget? Everything is now in place, we can only watch the world wide financial crash unfold around us. The governments are creating money from thin air, both europe, america and britain, because they know it doesn't matter. World wide cheap credit was only a guise to bring in resource control.

What if america joined the EU and adopted the euro? Now that would be interesting. Combine the world's food producers in one common market you control the world.... One measure of wheat for a days wages..... I don't think those days are too far away.

Yes, as if by magic, they do... but you can only see the change if you're sporting a Tinfoil Trilby.

(Edited to add...)

It's also true that if the pound reaches £1 to 3.142 Euros, all Euros become pounds.

If it ever goes back up to 1.618 Euros, do we return to the gold standard?

Heh, I think it goes way deeper than europe. I'm now beginning to think that Iraq was the last throw of the dice in the game to control resources before the inauguration of the NWO policy of resource control and one (developed) world government.

As a world we've reached a point where demand and supply for natural resources to maintain the 'western' lifestyle is now at saturation. Rather than let the world sink into anarchy and war, the elite have made the majority slaves through easy credit and a few years of 'high living' on the back of percieved wealth. Brown, Blair and the rest of the cronies will have been promised plenty for compliance (just look at Blair's 'rewards' now, they're not even trying to hide it). Most people have no choice but to be compliant and subserviant to the systems that will be setup. Most people will want a 'saviour' to fix the broken economies.

Brown is just a puppet for the elite, he's duped the majority for as long as necessary. Why do you think he laughed during the budget? Everything is now in place, we can only watch the world wide financial crash unfold around us. The governments are creating money from thin air, both europe, america and britain, because they know it doesn't matter. World wide cheap credit was only a guise to bring in resource control.

What if america joined the EU and adopted the euro? Now that would be interesting. Combine the world's food producers in one common market you control the world.... One measure of wheat for a days wages..... I don't think those days are too far away.

1. Outgoing politicians have always stitched up great packages for themselves, no NWO needed for that.

2. Did your ideas crystallise before or after you adjusted the medication ?

Edited by roadtoruin

I was under the impression that we (the UK) do not meet fiscal criteria to even join the Euro.

Am I misinformed here?

No, but the idea that £1 = 1 euro will somehow enable us to join has developed into a HPC-meme, and cannot now be corrected :lol:

Why do so many people believe this nonsensical idea that Britain joining the euro will somehow become likely just because there is ever parity of exchange rate?

It doesn't make a difference. None of the other currencies needed to be at 1:1 exchange rate in order to join.

Why do people think that the UK does?

Joining the euro is a major political decision.

Not one that someone makes just because of the exchange rate.

If we keep the current rate of decline, this time next year the pound and euro will be at parity (or more).

By then most of the UK population will have signed up to a current account denominated in Euros, in an effort to preserve their spending power (how many of us already have? :ph34r: )

Britain joining the euro will be seen as simply a convenience measure for all those people fed up with converting their money day in day out.

Why do so many people believe this nonsensical idea that Britain joining the euro will somehow become likely just because there is ever parity of exchange rate?

It doesn't make a difference. None of the other currencies needed to be at 1:1 exchange rate in order to join.

Why do people think that the UK does?

Joining the euro is a major political decision.

Not one that someone makes just because of the exchange rate.

heres a first: Agreed with Mr K

I don't think anyone's engineering it but if it reaches parity it can be locked and the euro made legal tender here alongside the pound on a totally interchangeable basis. Then sterling currency can be withdrawn and we can join the euro on the cheap. I'd like to see that.

I suggested this before when I called myself Conifer. (I've chhanged my name to Sofa Spud because that's what I call myself on other forums)

Edited by Sofa Spud

I don't think anyone's engineering it but if it reaches parity it can be locked and the euro made legal tender here alongside the pound on a totally interchangeable basis. Then sterling currency can be withdrawn and we can join the euro on the cheap. I'd like to see that.

I suggested this before when I called myself Conifer. (I've chhanged my name to Sofa Spud because that's what I call myself on other forums)

In 1992, we proved unable to defend a relatively broad target range into which we were supposedly locked as part of ERM, what has changed since then that would allow us to defend a fixed 1:1 parity?

Edited by huw

In 1992, we proved unable to defend a relatively broad target range into which we were supposedly locked as part of ERM, what has changed since then that would allow us to defend a fixed 1:1 parity?

Perhaps nothing has changed but maybe it's worth another try. Perhaps Darling's advisors are marginally more clued up than Lamont's were.

I'm envisaging the pound not being merely locked but making the currencies both fully legal tender and interchangeable if they reach 1:1 - so that pounds nominally become euros and then sterling coins and notes are gradually withdrawn as new euros are introduced over, say, 6 months. All this could be done very quickly without a big changeover or huge stocks of new coins and notes to go into circulation on day 1. There wouldn't be problems of price rises or confusion if the exchange rate was 1:1. The only real problem would be if sterling and eurozone interest rates were different at the time. Oh, and coin operated parking ticket machines etc.!!!!

Edited by Sofa Spud

Perhaps nothing has changed but maybe it's worth another try. Perhaps Darling's advisors are marginally more clued up than Lamont's were.

I'm envisaging the pound not being merely locked but making the currencies both fully legal tender and interchangeable if they reach 1:1 - so that pounds nominally become euros and then sterling coins and notes are gradually withdrawn as new euros are introduced over, say, 6 months. All this could be done very quickly without a big changeover or huge stocks of new coins and notes to go into circulation on day 1. There wouldn't be problems of price rises or confusion if the exchange rate was 1:1. The only real problem would be if sterling and eurozone interest rates were different at the time. Oh, and coin operated parking ticket machines etc.!!!!

Then you're really talking about currency union by another name, and not about parallel currencies being maintained at a particular exchange rate. The eurozone will not accept currency union with the UK until we have got our affairs in better order, and have demonstrated that we can keep them in order for a decent period. The rules covering this are clearly laid out in the Maastricht Treaty.

Better advisors would have told Lamont (and Darling) not to go into the ERM in the first place :lol: though to be fair I don't think he was a fan, it was the policy of the government, not of the Chancellor.

Then you're really talking about currency union by another name, and not about parallel currencies being maintained at a particular exchange rate. The eurozone will not accept currency union with the UK until we have got our affairs in better order, and have demonstrated that we can keep them in order for a decent period. The rules covering this are clearly laid out in the Maastricht Treaty.

Better advisors would have told Lamont (and Darling) not to go into the ERM in the first place :lol: though to be fair I don't think he was a fan, it was the policy of the government, not of the Chancellor.

The rules did not stop the Italians and Greeks from joining, so I doubt it would stop us.

The original SGP as set down in the Maastricht Treaty was superseeded in 2005. The new one is almost impossible not to meet.

The rules did not stop the Italians and Greeks from joining, so I doubt it would stop us.

They stopped us last time...

I'm 100% in agreement. You must ignore the cheap jibes about adjusting your medication - the culprit is either very stupid or in denial. It's been obvious to those who have eyes, ears and two brain cells that the plans for our future were solidified behind closed doors and in think tanks like Bilderberg. The NWO, to the elite, is a natural consequence in their plans to harmonise and homogenise absolutely every aspect of our lives, from our currency to our food and civil liberties. The next few years will reveal the gameplan to the general population - as people will even demand a world government and authoritarian rule when their homes, livlihood and food supply comes under threat.

The original SGP as set down in the Maastricht Treaty was superseeded in 2005. The new one is almost impossible not to meet.

Do you have a source for the current rules?

(Edit: I mean the pre-joining rules, if they've changed, not the rules that members must adhere to once they have joined)

Edited by huw