House Price Crash Forum
right_freds_dead

Ftse Makes Losses Back Up

wha ?

the FTSE is almost back to yesterday being 2.+% back up and green green green.

prolly' the news yesterday was some kind of blip, caused by yesterday evenings unprecedented solar eclipse,

which was no cause for alarm.

:) The most interesting thing yesterday wasn't the stock market volatility (which, I see, is still with us) but the exchange rates for Stirling.

Guest Skint Academic
wha ?

prolly' the news yesterday was some kind of blip, caused by yesterday evenings unprecedented solar eclipse,

It always seems to do this. And even on the same day it crashes, rallies a little and then crashes again. At least that's what I've noticed for all the previous 'black days' we've had recently. But it never really recovers as much. It's like a psychological dipping your toes in the water before settling down at the lower level. Just look at what the pound against the euro has been doing as it's dabbled with going under 1.3

It always seems to do this. And even on the same day it crashes, rallies a little and then crashes again. At least that's what I've noticed for all the previous 'black days' we've had recently. But it never really recovers as much. It's like a psychological dipping your toes in the water before settling down at the lower level. Just look at what the pound against the euro has been doing as it's dabbled with going under 1.3

prolly' the city in-crowd pulling stocks, spooking everyone, then putting it all back in the next day.

do this 8 times a year for a return of 80%+

those 'pesky' city sharks are just toying with my pension provisions and lovin' it...

why i oughtta....

Especially up here in Edinburgh, back to house prices up 25% a year, business as usual!

No different to any other stock market decilne. The declines get bigger and bigger however with each piece of news. Just watch what happens when the next big bank goes under. :lol:

I am tempted to short the FTSE myself at cease play today

wha ?

Despatch War Rocket Ajax!

Ah, but yesterday followed by today have been a great opportunity for short-term profit takers. What will happen when they decide to take their profits? Another 1% cut in US interest rates?????

Edited by Sofa Spud

Can anyone explain today's rally-is this due to the expected Fed rate cut or is it just relief that none of Wall Street's big banks has declared itself bust for all of two working days?

Edited by Country solicitor

Its the naive euphoria over the Fed about to cut IR. A day or so later and it will be going back down again when they realise that IR in the real world are continuing to soar.

You can't beat the market and if it wants a crash it darn well will have one. :angry:

Ive done nothing, had a good nights rest, and im back where I was.

cnbc, bloomberg et al all talk about capitulation as the sign a bottom is reached. it tends to go with a support level which has been tested a number of times and has held.

going on this the pain isnt over. we havent had a 2 or 3 day sell off and no support has been formed. im no techinal guru but these do make sense.

all we seem to get is "its bad, but theres hope, it gets worse, but theres hope". for the markets to turn you need "its so bad i cant imagine it getting any better".

I went for a speculative punt on Barclays...got stitched on the morning spread despite placing my order the previous night at best price. (£4.05, you see that early morning peak, that's me....*waves to broker*, enjoy the money you screwed out of me, hope you lose your job soon).

Still up on the day but needs to be somewhat higher or l haven't made a penny. Sell order is in for 4.25....lets hope l get a sell so l can detaut my nutsack.

No different to any other stock market decilne. The declines get bigger and bigger however with each piece of news. Just watch what happens when the next big bank goes under. :lol:

I am tempted to short the FTSE myself at cease play today

Might be a good trade - if the FED doesn't cut by at least .75 then I suspect a sell off

Every time there's a problem and wall street tanks, they drop IR's. But don't worry soon there won't be anything left to drop.

As well every drop adds to inflation adding to the feel bad factor, eventually feeding through to more problems.

Guest The_Oldie
When stock markets fall, house prices rise

On that basis I assume all you guys wanting a SM collapse have a BTL portfolio????

I thought both stocks and property prices crashed in the 1930s depression.