House Price Crash Forum

Conservatives Family Policy

scarlets79

HOLA441

It's nice to hear the tories talk of the family, but what do they mean?

Notice how they don't talk about marriage anymore, but "family". And "family" is fastly becoming whatever people want to define it as, no more do we have the gold standard of marriage being encouraged. Standards are slipping. NuLabour and their secular friends want us all to say that a gay couple adopting children is just a valid a family as a married couple with kids. Indeed, why stop there- why would polygamy or forced marriage be wrong? Why not incestuous marriages/families?

The tory talk of family is meaningless unless they define it and make it clear they mean marriage between man and woman as the cornerstone of family.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest Skint Academic

Scarlets, maybe you should try gay sex. It's really good because your partner knows how to get the most pleasure from your genitalia. You may find that a lot of hate and repression leaves you as a result. You also have a partner that really understands how you think and who is more likely to have the same interests as you ...

Aha! that's it isn't it. You're jealous.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
It's nice to hear the tories talk of the family, but what do they mean?

Notice how they don't talk about marriage anymore, but "family". And "family" is fastly becoming whatever people want to define it as, no more do we have the gold standard of marriage being encouraged. Standards are slipping. NuLabour and their secular friends want us all to say that a gay couple adopting children is just a valid a family as a married couple with kids. Indeed, why stop there- why would polygamy or forced marriage be wrong? Why not incestuous marriages/families?

The tory talk of family is meaningless unless they define it and make it clear they mean marriage between man and woman as the cornerstone of family.

Just for the record:

Nothing wrong with Gay people adopting children, why shouldn'y gay people have a normal family life? Also nothing wrong with polgamy as long as all the adults are consenting.

However forced marrigiages as wrong because at least one person has not given their consent.

Incest is wrong because of medical problems associated with it, wheter it's morally wrong is also up for debate. I mean if there was not a medical issue and both adults are consenting and happy is it wrong?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
but you seek to deny this privelidge to others, such as a brother and sister, or a man and a monkey

With regards to Brother and Sisters, Genetically speaking its a no go, Although this could change as we make advances with genetic manipulation so I am open to debate on this one, but it would be pushing the boundry for me.

As to beastiality, well animalscan't speak so they can't give consent so yes I am against it.

However your initial question is good one: "What is Family?". I often find myself thinking about this. For me "Familiy" is a unit of measure that refers to the "Main Carers" of a child.

I don't think you could actually pin down on "Family Values" because these are different for every family and always have been, thats what makes people individual. Obviously Religion sets a number of "Family Values" that are constant and can be used a measure of how conformist each family is to these values.

Please note that I am not saying that these values are bad. In fact I feel that with the decline of religion in the UK that a lot of decent values\rules are lost and there is not a mechanism to replace them. We certainly cannot look to our leaders for moral guidence

Personally I think Atheism should become a proper form of religion i.e it should be organised. It should have a set of rules about how to live a good, honest life. Also because it wasn't the word of God then it would be OK to discuss things and change the world around us changed.

HOLA4417
Just for the record:

Nothing wrong with Gay people adopting children, why shouldn'y gay people have a normal family life? Also nothing wrong with polgamy as long as all the adults are consenting.

However forced marrigiages as wrong because at least one person has not given their consent.

Incest is wrong because of medical problems associated with it, wheter it's morally wrong is also up for debate. I mean if there was not a medical issue and both adults are consenting and happy is it wrong?

Thats an Oxymoron

Nothing wrong with Gay people adopting children, why shouldn'y gay people have a normal family life?

Gay people cannot have a normal family life as they are both of the same sex!!!.

HOLA4418
Thats an Oxymoron

Nothing wrong with Gay people adopting children, why shouldn'y gay people have a normal family life?

Gay people cannot have a normal family life as they are both of the same sex!!!.

So if a man and a woman cannot have a child and they adopt one, can they have a normal family life?

My friend is a lesbian, she has a son from a previous relationship but now lives with her female partner. I can assure you that thier family life is no different to the one I have with my wife and son.

HOLA4419

exactly, I don't understand why sex with a nice woman is that repulsive to these gays that they refuse to do it yet still want to pretend they have a normal family?!? only NuLabour could have granted such a privelidge to such absurdity, and they stubbornly enforced it even though this meant Catholic adoption agencies may shut down, depriving orphans of good normal families to adopt them

if gays want a normal family they should repent of their sinful homosexual behaviour and find someone of the opposite sex

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
While part of me is against gay people adopting children, I would think many gay couples could bring up children better than some of those pramfaces out there. Or these two hopeless examples

so tells us why the alleged evolution processes have not made it possible for one men to impregnate another yet?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Can you tell me why God would make some man or woman sterile or infertile?

Why would God do that?

he created Adam, and Adam was fine in that respect otherwise you wouldn't be here

then sin came in and creation groans since that awful time in history

HOLA4425

Archived