House Price Crash Forum

Busy, Busy, Busy Hpc.co.uk

Bosh

HOLA441

In my oppinion, this is the week everything changed. The media are now bearish, the sheeple are now getting the message from all angles.

I have only been contributing to this forum for a few months but I gather that traffic to HPC.co.uk is probably setting records.

I was reading some threads yesterday, one of them was from Paddles having a conversation with the good lady wife, he mentions not feeling smug but quite sad as to what is coming our way. I understand where they are coming from. I am no financial expert and struggle to express myself very well through email but I do think I am sensible and smart enough to state that we are about to experience some really extreme times and imho, I feel we are moving into unchartered waters.

How do you feel about it ?

Are you elated? Is this what you wanted?

Or are you scared for the future?

Edited by boshdadosh

HOLA442
In my oppinion, this is the week everything changed. The media are now bearish, the sheeple are now getting the message from all angles.

I have only been contributing to this forum for a few months but I gather that traffic to HPC.co.uk is probably setting records.

I was reading some threads yesterday, one of them was from Paddles having a conversation with the good lady wife, he mentions not feeling smug but quite sad as to what is coming our way. I understand where they are coming from. I am no financial expert and struggle to express myself very well through email but I do think I am sensible and smart enough to state that we are about to experience some really extreme times and imho, I feel we are moving into unchartered waters.

im just glad the madness ive spotted for years is about to all end and normality of a sort resume.

you have to remember for many people a crash is actually a good thing, helps to level the playing field again.

HOLA443
HOLA444

not sure how to feel - I STR'd at the E/2005 and have been, like many, waiting for the crash which is long overdue. However at the same time, due to my lack of knowledge, I'm a little concerned about the bigger financial picture

HOLA445

I am annoyed - angry even, that things have been allowed to get to this position. If only someone with any influence had thought to look even just a little bit ahead then things may not have got quite so out of control.

Instead we have all been encouraged to take out debts to buy crap we either do not need or cannot afford (whether that is an overpriced new build flat or a plasma TV). What makes it all the more insulting is that fat oaf at Westminster has been sat there for years with a smug grin on his face getting praised for being prudent and the like where in reality he has been f*cking up on a preposterous scale.

The endemic culture of greed is, in my opinion now far worse than the 'loadsamoney' Eighties with hundreds of thousands of people now chasing a lifestyle that they can neither afford or is making them very happy.

Personally as far as the future is concerned I am not too bothered (the only thing that really bothers me is inflation getting out of control). Should it all go tits up and I loose my job then I am the type of person who will go out and do something different. At worst I will leave my rented accomodation and return to my parents and I would be able to work for them (it is a farm so there is always something to do) even if it is on a room and board only basis - as farm incomes are still fairly awful.

HOLA446

its like being trapped in a wooden packing box resting partly on a train line. desperate to escape, but helpless.

i can hear the train coming now.....

will it smash me to pieces or free me from the box ?

who knows, but being trapped in the box is becoming unbearable, so here goes......

HOLA447
Probably better to emphasise that for many homeowners a crash is actually a good thing, as it helps to level the playing field again.

Thought I should put my view in as well.

I STR last August and fully expected a HPC. My main concern is the people close to me, family and friends, most of the population are fools. They have not a clue what is just round the corner

I have positioned myself as securely as possible and look forward with some confidence.

These people will soon if not already, wished they had listened to me/us.

There are some however who deserve to crash and burn.

HOLA448
will it smash me to pieces or free me from the box ?

who knows, but being trapped in the box is becoming unbearable, so here goes......

Lovely analogy.

Personally I don't feel trapped in a box but I do feel like a patient undergoing medical tests: I just want to KNOW how bad it really is.

At least we're finding out.

HOLA449

I happy that things may return to normal and I may be able to afford to buy a house for my family - eventually. Also, those that labelled me as a crazy for warning about the future are finally beginning to see that I was right (in fact I wasn't bearish enough by the looks of things)

My only concern now is whether I will manage to stay employed during the fallout

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Probably better to emphasise that for many homeowners a crash is actually a good thing, as it helps to level the playing field again.

Yes, the sooner they wake up and realise this the better. I am a homeowner. I own my house outright and want to start a family in the next couple of years. I am praying for a crash, so that when I want to move up from my current modest abode into something bigger to accommodate my family, I won't have to sell my soul to do it.

HOLA4412

I actually feel quite hopeful, for myself and English society in general.

It will do us good to consume less, work harder and stop complaining.

If we have to tighten our belts for a few years or much longer, so what?

Were our lives really that great?

For a start I'll have to get a 'proper job' I expect (I'm an IT contractor for an investment bank) but serves me right for being greedy and lazy. I've been dreaming of downshifting for years and this finally forces my hand. The Impreza WRX and BMW X5 already have gone, replaced by shoe leather and public transport and on Thursday (with huge luck) I exchange contracts on the ridiculous house I bought 2 years ago.

I will have lost about 40k but easy come, easy go.

I will be happier in a small flat in the country with rice steamer and mountain bike.

The life I was living was simply unsustainable and totally over-leveraged - something had to give.

"Koyaanisqatsi" I guess

HOLA4413

not according to alexa

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_...amp;size=Medium

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest KingCharles1st

I fear the "new normality" after all this mess is unravelled, may well mean a return to the dark ages as far as social grouping and class systems are concerned.

I haven't a clue how its all going to end- I really haven't.

I think I need to go and see a medium...

HOLA4416
I fear the "new normality" after all this mess is unravelled, may well mean a return to the dark ages as far as social grouping and class systems are concerned.

I haven't a clue how its all going to end- I really haven't.

I think I need to go and see a medium...

a medium what ?

a form of communication ?

a medium priced prostitute ?

what

HOLA4417
most of the population are fools. They have not a clue what is just round the corner

I have said this before that 75% of the population are THICK i mean really THICK , but unfortunatly 75% is the majority and the majority rules , it is the majority that thought house prices just keep going up and up and believed all they read and saw on TV about house prices ..........

Edited by grey shark

HOLA4418
I'm glad the fog of lies surrounding the value of housing in this country is finally starting to lift, and those predators.... BTL landlords will get their comeuppance by the vanload....

:lol:

The fog is lifting big time, but lets hope the sheeple wake up and learn not to listen to VI`s pumping something up? I`m not too down on BTL because the flat I have now is rented from a BTL and I have had many other rented properties that were either someones 2nd home or BTL, someone has to own the property repair it etc? I can understand the anger at people buying twenty flats on the back of the boom and trying to inflate the rent accordingly, but as we know that could not last long, and is now over. Build decent council housing I say for people who need it, and let others buy or speculate as they want. It`s the banks, government, and lack of proper regulation that is really to blame, and that is down to all of us to fix, human nature is designed to try and get ahead and make profit, it was only to be expected that many would take the greed culture to extremes.

HOLA4419

SAD.

We've had so much bad news and yet its hardly made a dent in HPI. Its still up on YoY basis. If something doesn't give soon then i'm going to start looking further afield for a house.

Here is a property that come through in my email today. What a p.o.s for 700K something like this should be 300K.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/16983382

At least i didn't put my money on Shares, thats the only piece of luck i've had.

HOLA4420
SAD.

We've had so much bad news and yet its hardly made a dent in HPI. Its still up on YoY basis. If something doesn't give soon then i'm going to start looking further afield for a house.

Here is a property that come through in my email today. What a p.o.s for 700K something like this should be 300K.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/16983382

At least i didn't put my money on Shares, thats the only piece of luck i've had.

Thats what concerns me as well, people really should have been slashing prices to get out months ago. Maybe the banking system will collapse and house prices will stay strong. Maybe it really is a miracle.

HOLA4421
Guest X-QUORK

My overriding emotion at the moment is anger. The international financial sector is utterly disreputable and deserves nothing but contempt for creating this mess. I've really started to question the entire monetary system and now see capitalism as just as corrupt as communism.

Banking should be nationalised until a some severe regulations are put into place to control these mavericks. The fact that these unelected greedy b@stards can bring down the world economy should be making governments around the world question just who's running the show.

HOLA4422
Thats what concerns me as well, people really should have been slashing prices to get out months ago. Maybe the banking system will collapse and house prices will stay strong. Maybe it really is a miracle.

Most people never see the ice-berg coming and are kept in the market by VI's. Prices will be set at the margins when people have to sell.

HOLA4423
The fog is lifting big time, but lets hope the sheeple wake up and learn not to listen to VI`s pumping something up? I`m not too down on BTL because the flat I have now is rented from a BTL and I have had many other rented properties that were either someones 2nd home or BTL, someone has to own the property repair it etc? I can understand the anger at people buying twenty flats on the back of the boom and trying to inflate the rent accordingly, but as we know that could not last long, and is now over. Build decent council housing I say for people who need it, and let others buy or speculate as they want. It`s the banks, government, and lack of proper regulation that is really to blame, and that is down to all of us to fix, human nature is designed to try and get ahead and make profit, it was only to be expected that many would take the greed culture to extremes.

Yeah OK.. I'm not against someone owning a couple of properties as an alternative to putting all your cash in one of those "failproof" personal pension schemes, but as you say I think those that bought 6,10, 20 etc properties, hoping to make a quick buck, whilst taking no notice of the consequences of leaving properties empty and hoping for a capital gain, those I would dearly love to see sleeping under cardboard at Waterloo Station..

HOLA4424
Yeah OK.. I'm not against someone owning a couple of properties as an alternative to putting all your cash in one of those "failproof" personal pension schemes, but as you say I think those that bought 6,10, 20 etc properties, hoping to make a quick buck, whilst taking no notice of the consequences of leaving properties empty and hoping for a capital gain, those I would dearly love to see sleeping under cardboard at Waterloo Station..

Agreed.

HOLA4425