House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nmarks

Fun With Dick And Jane

Who do you think carries most blame for what we're seeing?

Fans of Jim Carrey's "Fun With Dick and Jane" will remember the scene where the insidious CEO played by Alec Baldwin bails out of his collapsing empire (with $400million) in a helicopter leaving staff to face the Feds.

Had Carrey's character Dick known what was really going he would have done more than just ask naive questions.

Who would you most like to stop in their tracks from bailing out of this disaster with a fortune bound for Grand Cayman?

Who would you most like to stop in their tracks from bailing out of this disaster with a fortune bound for Grand Cayman?

Too late now, but for me it's got to be Blair. For ten years, he was the cheery, grinning face of our debt culture. He was the bloke who sold* the whole thing to the populace. As head-honcho-big-cheese, he was the one who could have put the brakes on earlier. He didn't. Yes, the current situation isn't just a British one, it's a global one, but that's no excuse. Whilst he couldn't have prevented the other silly boys from playing chicken on the M25, he could have stayed at home himself. He didn't. I absolutely despise the man. Forget Brown, he's just the fall-guy.

* Yes, I know he didn't pass legislation forcing everyone to borrow like mad for that 2-bed flat, plasma telly, and *****-padding Mini, but his failure to prevent or even condemn it spoke volumes.

For me it has to be that neo-con triumvirate of Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld.

They really don't give a damn for the hurt they're about to cause.

Its no coincidence that their incumbency started off with the mother of all terror attacks and ends with the mother of all financial crashes.

PS If you don't hear from me for a while I'll be in Guantanomo. Write to me!

Edited by nmarks

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Too late now, but for me it's got to be Blair. For ten years, he was the cheery, grinning face of our debt culture. He was the bloke who sold* the whole thing to the populace. As head-honcho-big-cheese, he was the one who could have put the brakes on earlier. He didn't. Yes, the current situation isn't just a British one, it's a global one, but that's no excuse. Whilst he couldn't have prevented the other silly boys from playing chicken on the M25, he could have stayed at home himself. He didn't. I absolutely despise the man. Forget Brown, he's just the fall-guy.

* Yes, I know he didn't pass legislation forcing everyone to borrow like mad for that 2-bed flat, plasma telly, and *****-padding Mini, but his failure to prevent or even condemn it spoke volumes.

Yep. Blair would be top of my hit list.

Just as an addedum, it should be noted that in a financial crash wealth isn't destroyed - its transfered.

That's why the Bilderburgers have constructed our economic system to work in a boom and bust manner.

We the people create the wealth, they then bring about the crash and in the process our wealth gets transfered to them.

We blow the up bubble the bubble of wealth with our breath, or our effort, our hard work panting our socks off on a tread mill of their making; they then steal it, with our breath filling their bellows.

PS I'll get Gitmo now if I'm lucky.

Edited by nmarks