House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Confounded

Omg Advice On Buying Gold On The Bbc!

Just watched the BBC Breakfast news and cought the tail end of some gold ramping on the BBC!

Yeah, I was just about to post that......

Article on BBC breakfast news today about gold going to 1000 "because its a safe haven and has been valued for thousands of years". Followed with a piece on how to buy gold. Either side of it were news of emergency fed rate cuts and banks going bust in the US, oh and "millions struggling to pay their mortgages in the UK"

The beeb has certainly switched camps.

Just watched the BBC Breakfast news and cought the tail end of some gold ramping on the BBC!

Old news, Radio4 has done a story on this last week

It really is embarrasing - they have some bloke 'panning' for gold at some theme park to trail the piece.

They have turning into the British Bubble Corporation, and will jump on any bandwagon going, rather than give intelligent, reasoned analysis. The drive to keep every topic to 45 secs means they will never properly discuss what is a complex subject.

Now that they have all offloaded their BTL empires & have accounts with BullionVault, it's time to start the whole process off again.

Still, plenty of opportunity for Goldfinger to get his Burtons suit out & start a "Gold Inside Track" to fleece the sheeple (assuming they have any cash left to buy gold in the first instance)

Guest KingCharles1st

Yeah I was going to post this but new somebody else would.

I think the real way to view this sort of article, is when the presenters chip in wit hteir little comments at the end of an article such as this- some are showing extreme concern- vocal presentation and body language gives it all away..

He just said "this isn't investment advice and the price can go down too"

After a good bit of ramping too about buying it on the high street

They just ran the same feature again: "There's gold in them thar hills", "Could your jewelry be worth a fortune?" and other rubbish.

He spends 5 seconds at the end with "goldcandownaswellasupdontblameusifyouloseyourshirt"

As an anecdotal: I was on the treadmill in the gym yesterday, the screen in front of me was describing the Bear Sterns implosion. I commented to the guy next to me that it was all looking a bit grim to which he replied "yeah but what are you going to do, buy gold?".

I've been tempted to put some of my cash reserves in gold for a little while now (pretty much since I joined this site and started learning about fiat and fractional reserve banking). Looks like the bandwagon is already halfway down the hill though.

When the goverment finally announce they will be buying gold - BUG OUT!

Goverment is your contrary indicator

[think Northern Rock buy out, Gold selling at bottom]

on the other hand, the beeb did ramp property like mad for a few years all the way tio the peak, so maybe gold will follow ?

Guest Skint Academic
on the other hand, the beeb did ramg property like mad for a few years all the way tio the peak, so maybe gold will follow ?

Exactly. If you sell now then you miss the top of the bubble. I think you can infer that if the BBC start ramping Gold then it's only midway through the bubble rather than the end.

Personally if I had any money I would have bought some other precious metal that had industrial uses that are not dependent upon the consumerist 's need to own more gadgets. For me though it's good news if gold is being ramped as it means property prices are going to fall faster (which also makes gold a more attractive alternative). The more familiar people become with the idea of buying gold, the more likely they are to move their equity from property (if they can!).

Edited by Skint Academic

If they start ramping gold,can we look foreward to a whole new set of BBC programmes? Gold in the attick,Gold owners abroard,Gold in the country,celelbrity gold makeover,peep through the truseau keyhole........cant wait,do you have to pay to dispose of the old TV set coz I won't be needin' mine!!!!!!!!

on a more serious note,dont they reckon that burgularies have ,in part,reduced because electronic goods are so cheap,and once the depression hits and the message gets through that GOLD is worth a mint,i think we will see a rise in armed/un armed robberies for your jewellery

Looks like the bandwagon is already halfway down the hill though.

I would have liked to get on at $400 but was ignorant of gold. I looked at $650 and thought it looked expensive. I took the plunge at $690 and now I realise it is actually still quite cheap even at $1000. It will still be cheap at $2000.

I doubt we are half way.

kb