House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bubbleturbo

Deflation Is Here - Now!

Guest Skint Academic
Yes, yes, yes. We know that.

The question is, what happens next?

You get a deafening sound like the Greek god Atlas sitting on an earth-sized wooppee cushion.

The answer is simple, life has the strange habit of repeating itself, particulary if you are a Labour Party.

Next move is a trip to the IMF to ask Sir for some more money!!!.

The answer is simple, life has the strange habit of repeating itself, particulary if you are a Labour Party.

Indeed, then wait a few generations for new sheeple and repeat ...

You get a deafening sound like the Greek god Atlas sitting on an earth-sized wooppee cushion.

Heh!

Thing is, we have deflation today, but the inflationists could be right tommorrow.

Not Mish again, the only deflationist that exists - the guy is blind and stoopid.

This guy is another cramer, yet to be proved right on any call he ever made.

I have no need to continue this twaddle, inflation is here not deflation.

If you want to make the foolish mistake of reading an amateur who has no background in making any correct calls ever and offers no services to anyone other than spouting bull turd in a 2 bit blog over established, proven to be correct again and again, word is their bond, backed by their own financial institutions and act upon their own advice people like Peter Schiff, Jim Sinclair, Jim Rogers, Jim Puplava (infaltionists) do so at your own peril.

Edited by Impartial

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Last time it was only for petty cash, the amount borrowed then is equivalent to £10 billion today, chicken feed. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Made me laugh out loud that did.

I read today that both India and China are not very happy with the US as they are clearly devaluing their currency intentionally knowing their trading partners have much more to lose, and they have more to gain in terms of exports.

The American housing market was worth how much? $20T? If it drops by just 10%, how much extra money is the Government going to have to borrow to offest this loss of "wealth"? The only way to avoid deflation is default by the US government. They have lots of guns, so it could happen. I doubt it though.

Not Mish again, the only deflationist that exists - the guy is blind and stoopid.

If you want to make the foolish mistake of reading an amateur who has no background in making any correct calls ever and offers no services to anyone other than spouting bull turd in a 2 bit blog over established, proven to be correct again and again, word is their bond, backed by their own financial institutions and act upon their own advice people like Peter Schiff, Jim Sinclair, Jim Rogers, Jim Puplava (infaltionists) do so at your own peril.

He was dead right calling the subprime crisis in 2006. Though he is not right all the time (he is still a gold bull afterall :rolleyes: ). How long do you think it takes for inflation to show up in goods prices? Inflation in prices are here but deflation is money supply is also here (in real and nominal terms). It may look like the FED is inflating but how can they do that WHILST DELEVERAGING THEIR BALANCESHEET? Price inflation/deflation always lags monetary inflation/deflation (in the same way we know that rate cuts take affect 6-18m down the line, depending on how efficient the transmission mechanism (banks) are working). Any fool can see that. I believe in deflation thesis, I back this with my own (leveraged) cash (not anyone else's cash as with the guys you spout above). The world is deleveraging from a massively long position, what is inflationary about that?

Last time it was only for petty cash, the amount borrowed then is equivalent to £10 billion today, chicken feed. ;)

Keeping steel workers and miners in work when it seemed uneconomic obviously presented better value than keeping hedge fund managers in their jobs. Plus, hanging on to manufacturing would have reaped rewards 30 years later! ;)

Things have changed.

Price inflation we have now is a result of pre-August '07.

If Bear Sterns, Carlyle Capital, Peloton, Lehman, NRK, etc etc are examples of an inflationary environment then I'd love to know what deflation would look like.

The world is de-leveraging. Fast. Price inflation will fall off a cliff unless the banksters can recapitalise and push out more debt. If we had inflation money would not be scarce.

the trouble with that article, and some of it's conclusions, is that you have to actually believe the governments reported numbers for it to hold together. Especially the CPI.

I personally thing that if inflation was actually reported that it would be closer to %8-10, which does NOT support what the article is saying.

the same for things like unemplyment etc.

if the numbers were real, at their real values, the situation we are in DOES look extremely stagflationary.

You are totally wrong.

I have been watching lots of people on the internet since mid 2004 and he has been the most spot on out of anyone. Spookily in fact.

Go on his site and browse through the archive.