House Price Crash Forum

Newsnight Now

HOLA441
Some of Bear's UK staff have taken upto half their payment as stock for the last 3/4 years?!!?

Ouch!!!!!!

I laughed so loudly and nastily at that point that when I recovered I realised that I'd seriously frightened the sh1t out my myself whilst doing so.

I never knew I could hate a banker so much.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

NO BOOM OR BUST

I will hold brown to his often repeated statement, he never said there will be no boom or bust unless the usa dropped, or no boom or bust unless the mortgage market imploded.

brown was totally and absolutely certain of no boom or bust.And for this his whole economic policy depended on.

if there is a bust than it will show quite clearly what a fool the man is, and what a mess he has made.

HOLA443
NO BOOM OR BUST

I will hold brown to his often repeated statement, he never said there will be no boom or bust unless the usa dropped, or no boom or bust unless the mortgage market imploded.

brown was totally and absolutely certain of no boom or bust.And for this his whole economic policy depended on.

if there is a bust than it will show quite clearly what a fool the man is, and what a mess he has made.

I now fully realise that Brown is a complete amateur...... He's ignorant and useless - an overgrown schoolboy who wanted to play at being prime minister - and because the UK has evolved into a nanny state for a bunch of ninnies - he got there.......... It really is frightening.

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA444
HOLA445
I now fully realise that Brown is a complete amateur...... He's ignorant and useless - an overgrown schoolboy who wanted to play at being prime minister - and because the UK has evolved into a nanny state for a bunch of ninnies - he got there.......... It really is frightening.

First blame the greedy banks for their irresponsible lending, then blame the greed eas, then blame greed speculators with energy, food etc. on the stock market, then blame this government.

I dislike NU_Labour for wasting our money, for starting a pointless war, for killing innocent people but they are 4th or 3rd on my list of who to blame for the current economic crisis.

HOLA446
I think this is global hysteria talking. Economies around the world have advanced by miles since 1930!

And thank God for that, for one moment I thought debt was being used again today to finance investments.

Many thanks for your input, we can all sleep much easier at nights safe in the knowledge that our economy is nothing like the debt fuelled investments of the 1930's

HOLA447

Just have to add my 2p worth.

Irwin Steltzer when asked how you would solve the problem said something like - 'you bail out the companies that have failed' he then goes on to say that Alan Greenspan was a good FED chairman - all with a straight face.

For that and that alone I declare Irwin Stelzer the grandest PRIK of them all.

The only person that made any sense was Lawson who demanded that if banks expect bailouts then they be tightly regulated - i.e. traditional multiple and LTV's.

Lawson the man talks sense - the rest are **** and elbow confused.

HAL

HOLA448
Apparently J P Morgan - "rescuers" of B Stearns - have $71 trillion liabilities........... and - wait for it -- $1 trillion assets.

Looks like armageddon to me. .......... -- -- But - NOW I FINALLY really understand the problems we're all up against - the guy who told me this might be a bit loopy - who knows - and THIS is a brilliant example of how - so ironically - with the instant communications of today with the www - it's the biblical Tower of Babel..... No one knows what is true and false - and because regulation etc. hasn''t been properly enforced - no one knows the REAL situation....... I now see how Bear Stearns was subjected to rumour & speculation..... and didn't know/control its balance sheet/position...... so it got flounced.

There will be great changes to banking now....... it's the only way forward - Gold standard equivalent needed.... The ability of technology to find this is certainly there -- it just needs to be set in concrete. So ironic that in the past there was a lack of joined up communication - and thus lack of transparency... and today no problem - all communication CAN be instantly joined up - but it MUST have transparency and "truth" -- without which it can be as dangerous as the days of morse code.......... I really am now better understanding the dilemmas......

But, and this really worries me, what have we got left if we don't have the big financial swindle? A low wage, service economy (for the vast majority of people) with high living costs. i.e. not much

HOLA449
I laughed so loudly and nastily at that point that when I recovered I realised that I'd seriously frightened the sh1t out my myself whilst doing so.

I never knew I could hate a banker so much.

They took shares so they could avoid tax. It's the first thing these bankers have got right.... they've probably avoided paying any tax at all :lol::P

Edited by dazednconfused

HOLA4410
I think this is global hysteria talking. Economies around the world have advanced by miles since 1930!

Nice one. :lol:

Edit to add. You should put one of those winky things on there to make people know you aren't serious. Some posters on here will be quick to flame otherwise.

Edited by bobthe~

HOLA4411
Nice one. :lol:

Edit to add. You should put one of those winky things on there to make people know you aren't serious. Some posters on here will be quick to flame otherwise.

I am sure we are heading into recession but not into depression.

HOLA4412
Jeremy used the term Phoney War, spot on, games are being played, and the players are out to win the top prize.

Many takeovers to come and at the end more powerful Financial Institutions.

Who will become the Tesco of the Banking System ? ;)

The Fed is apparently a privately owned bank.

Does this answer your question?