House Price Crash Forum

The Markets Seem To Have Spoken

HOLA441
HOLA442
If gold can correct to around $850 that would be excellent. I'm watching with interest.

Errol, when you have got it and when it corrects itself... what can you do with it apart from polish it, and protect it? You can't hold it forever.....

HOLA443
HOLA444
If we get more price inflation (as I think we will) how do they eventually kill the inflation? Presumably at some point the CB's have to increase rates (ala Volker) because I can't see the supply of food/energy increasing enough in the next couple of years to cap prices.

There seems to be a lot of talk about other countries raising rates.

There was a rather hilarious thing on Bloomberg TV where some analyst was extolling the virtues of the mexican pesos.

He said Mexico now has lower inflation than the USA and the pesos is performing well. He said the Mexican central bank is run by a group of "Chicago School" economists, and they are very orthodox.

So, Mexican economy good, USA economy bad. Soon the Mexicans will have to set up a fence, and have El Minuto Men along the border to stop the Americans getting in,

Optobear.

HOLA445
Following the seeming absence of a black monday, surely we're forced to conclude that the markets are fundamentally assuming major inflation? The basic principle being that there are only a finite number of BP shares, and if you want to own them under inflation you'll need to pay more in future, hence share prices survive the worst news in decades regarding international banking.

Interesting for house prices, because it will mean that the right strategy was

1) Buy hugely expensive house.

2) Take out huge mortgage on 5 year fixed rate.

3) Wait around watching while prices fall a bit, but then rise further, while your salary increases eroding the debt.

To which, and given that I was following the prices are mad, and I'm hoping for a proper fall strategy, I have to say... bugger!

Optobear

gould-fin-ger......darahhrahh....!!

look out. here comes rondy to put the fire out...

HOLA446
Methinkshe,

Are you actually Alice Cooper by any chance?

Optobear

Nah, sorry, just got carried away with the rural analogy stuff...

Actually, I agree with Erroll - I've been posting for a while that $850 is the retracement I'm expecting and thereafter it's a rocket ride to $2000 plus.