House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
REP013

Snow, Sleet And Wind Forecast For Easter

Britain will have to wrap up for a chilly Easter as snow showers and strong winds are forecast for the bank holiday weekend.

Much of the country is expected to experience "raw" wintry conditions.

And anyone planning to take to the roads to get away for the weekend is advised to take extra care because sleet and icy stretches are a possibility.

Sky News weather presenter Sarah Pennock warned that although Good Friday is officially the start of spring, it will kick off with a taste of winter.

"After a few sunny but chilly days this week the rain returns on Thursday with strong cold winds for much of the UK," she said.

"Good Friday sees more wintry conditions. A cold northerly flow bringing widespread sleet and snow showers.

"Disappointingly it looks unsettled for much of the Easter weekend - cold, windy and wet.

"Northern and eastern parts are most at risk with the possibility of blizzards on higher ground.

"We could see a light dusting over the southwest moors.

"But it's not all bad news. We will see some clear and sunny spells - but don't be fooled, it will feel raw for most."

Seeing as we, the British, like to buy in the sun what happens if there isn't any in the spring especially looking at the current economic climate. Looks like the "other" climate is fighting against continued HPi too.

Does anyone still believe in anthropogenic global warming?

Global warming was always going to go straight out the window at the first hint of a recession. Stupid cult.

So much for the spring bounce then

Not as daft as you think. On my route to work, one EA sign reading "under offer" snapped off its post in last week's gales. They replaced it today, and "under offer" is gone! :lol:

i wonder if were going to get yet another floody, wet, black, windy, cold summer again like last year.

maaaaan that would SUCK !!

the last one almost wiped out my will to live.

i cant take another summer of doing nothing but being cold and wet.

i wonder if were going to get yet another floody, wet, black, windy, cold summer again like last year.

maaaaan that would SUCK !!

the last one almost wiped out my will to live.

i cant take another summer of doing nothing but being cold and wet.

Know how you feel. This is exactly why we've bought a nice property near Malaga. We'll fly to the sun as and when we feel the need.

Guest anorthosite
Does anyone still believe in anthropogenic global warming?

Its "global" warming, not "British" warming.

Seeing as we, the British, like to buy in the sun what happens if there isn't any in the spring especially looking at the current economic climate. Looks like the "other" climate is fighting against continued HPi too.

I am waiting for Daily Express and other high class newspaper to start blaming us Czechs and other people from behind the iron curtain for this:)

just kidding

Global warming was always going to go straight out the window at the first hint of a recession. Stupid cult.

....I thought it was 'Global warming was always going to go straight out the window at the first hint of '....snow... <_<

....I thought it was 'Global warming was always going to go straight out the window at the first hint of '....snow... <_<

Well, yeah, that too. Unluckily for the global warming cultists, their twin nemeses of economic reality, and, absence of scientific evidence are both arriving with a vengeance simultaneously. Expect everyone to be severely underplaying their involvement in a few years time.

Well, yeah, that too. Unluckily for the global warming cultists, their twin nemeses of economic reality, and, absence of scientific evidence are both arriving with a vengeance simultaneously. Expect everyone to be severely underplaying their involvement in a few years time.

Care to expand on this percieved lack of evidence?

No doubt there will be another "severe weather warning".

Is it cos I is old?

Or did we not get those every time it rained / the wind blew / it snowed a bit

when I was younger?

On the house price side, great. It won't help the "spring bounce" any.