House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nmarks

Lehman Brothers

Sorry for hijacking the thread but i just wanted to know if anyone knew how to buy into the FTSE?

On IGIndex they close your position out at the end of the day!! How do i make a short term investment on the FTSE?

Does anyone know? Can anyone help me? Thank You

Sorry for hijacking the thread but i just wanted to know if anyone knew how to buy into the FTSE?

On IGIndex they close your position out at the end of the day!! How do i make a short term investment on the FTSE?

Does anyone know? Can anyone help me? Thank You

I'd stay well clear if i were you, unless you want your ar5e handed to you on a plate?

I heard Lehman's share price fell about 25% on opening this morning.

Has there been any further news or rumours?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/23674629

Lehman Brothers shares plunged nearly 40% to a six-year low as Wall Street wondered whether the firm might be the next domino to fall in the banking meltdown.

I'd stay well clear if i were you, unless you want your ar5e handed to you on a plate?

Really?

I think the FTSE will bounce tomorrow. And £2 a point you will be laughing all the way to Northern Rock.

Does anyone know how to do it?!

Really?

I think the FTSE will bounce tomorrow. And £2 a point you will be laughing all the way to Northern Rock.

You can buy/sell the Apr-08 or Jun-08 contract instead. Those won't automatically close-out at the end of the day. However remember: Spread betting is a leveraged product and a very high risk investment! Ceveat Emptor :)

Really?

Catch a falling knife at your own risk.

There is no guarantee that no bad news will come out in afternoon trading in the US

Guest Shedfish

volume 142 million today according to Bloomberg

i wonder what Jim Cramer has to say about them?

volume 142 million today according to Bloomberg

i wonder what Jim Cramer has to say about them?

Stole my thoughts there shedfish. :huh:

Look at thr number of trades. 132.6M Lehman shares sold today. Massive selling. Who the hell is buying? Are we watching a covert support operation?

Edit

Shedfish types faster than me

Edited by Freeholder

Look at thr number of trades. 132.6M Lehman shares sold today. Massive selling. Who the hell is buying? Are we watching a covert support operation?

Edit

Shedfish types faster than me

Probably JP Morgan out looking for fresh meat <_<

Guest Shedfish
Barclays have their own problems. Their stock fell 9% today to a new 52 week low.

yeh, i think they're just as bvggered as everyone else - still, it is a rumour :)

much more likely!

I should point out, the above should not be considered a rumour, as it was more a comment on the predatory nature of JPM and the bargain basement price (with yummy FED goodies thrown in) for which they appropriated (I can't really say bought!) Bear Steans. However it would be great tin-hat fuel if they ended up with Lehmans as well..