House Price Crash Forum
Marcos Scriven

Anyone Watch News 24, With The 'advert' Of Robert Preston Singing His Own Graces?

It makes me ******* sick the way Robert Preston, and the BBC in general, pat themselves on the back for 'breaking' the NR story.

As if they really were the first to know it was in trouble. As if they're proud that they found out 'first'...

Can't stand these awful egos.

Robert Preston - I don't CARE who you are - I just care about the news... Give me the news, and stop ******* telling me how wonderful you think you are...

<rant over/>

It makes me ******* sick the way Robert Preston, and the BBC in general, pat themselves on the back for 'breaking' the NR story.

As if they really were the first to know it was in trouble. As if they're proud that they found out 'first'...

Robert Preston - I don't CARE who you are - I just care about the news... Give me the news, and stop ******* telling me how wonderful you think you are...

<rant over/>

Yeah I saw it. Self congratulatory crap.

Even worse - now we have Gordon Brown rattling on about the credit crunch...."we are working with European and International central banks blah blah blah blah blah" Nothing new there either.

<rant over/>

the guy just last year was saing how wonderful eveything is going.

<rant over/>

Well, I suppose it results from working in an environment where there's a lot of plaudit associated with a 'scoop'? All the back-slapping and self-congratulation kind of goes with the territory.

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by Ologhai Jones

Peston. Be more interesting, would you?

I hear he is cutting his wrists in a field next week. Damn party pooper piston

I hear he is cutting his wrists in a field next week. Damn party pooper piston

Peston was on R4 this lunchtime - why can't he talk normally? He puts in long gaps to enhance the unfolding drama that is the credit CRUNCH!

He's a disgrace to broadcasting.

Peston was on R4 this lunchtime - why can't he talk normally? He puts in long gaps to enhance the unfolding drama that is the credit CRUNCH!

i've noticed that too and he stutters a bit - he's a bit of a tart

Does anybody read RP's blog on the BBC website? If not I recommend it. He's not one of the best broadcasters but he does seem to be one of the few in the media to have seen the trouble coming.

Does anybody read RP's blog on the BBC website? If not I recommend it. He's not one of the best broadcasters but he does seem to be one of the few in the media to have seen the trouble coming.

Yeah, but why let something like that get in the way of a nice bout of HPC vilification? ;)

i've noticed that too and he stutters a bit - he's a bit of a tart

I have notice and worse still loads of other financial broadcasters copy him. Can't name them but it's really annoying.

I think Peston had something of an act to follow with Jeff Randal and maybe tries a little too hard with the 'attitude'. That said, he seems well connected and his blog is worth reading. Without R.Peston and E.Davies the BBC reporting would be poorer.

He's at his worst when winging it - I don't think he's that good at collecting his thoughts on the fly. You can usually tell when he's written his piece beforehand - it almost flows. Irritating speech patterns and stresses none the less.