House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gasket37

Krusty On Radio Tomorrow (18th)

i've heard a plug in passing re. tomorrows "You and Yours" programme that they are going to feature our favorite property "expert" on a feature to do with "How can we improve the house buying system?"

pound to a penny says that the silly moo will be banging on about her rubbishy anti-HIPS campaign but as we all know the HPC bandwagon has trundled on apace since she started mouthing off...

if the HPC massive feel the need, the direct link is below

enjoy! :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyours/coming_up.shtml

Kirsty is her Screen name, but her real name is Katherine.

My comment:

"Stop the ramping of property prices and correct the housing bubble so prices fall back to an affordable level for all so that interest rates can be used to control the economy and inflation effectively without people being made homeless as a result of interest rate increases."

I dont think she'll like that one...

Guest Skint Academic
you sure its not Andy? (Jones)

I thought it was Andy Serkis. Amazing what you can do with motion capture and CGI nowadays ...

My comment

"I hope houses fall back to sensible prices. This would allow people to buy them without having to take on unaffordable debt. Then there should be strict control on the lenders (and rampers in the media) to prevent a damaging property bubble reoccuring."

My attempt (typed between clenched teeth and rising bile):

"For a start daytime TV property programmes should be presented with a "wealth warning", i.e. that house prices can go down as well as up. Many of these programs suggest that property development can be a form of investment for the future (i.e as an aternative to a pension), if so then they should be governed by FSA rules, such as those that apply to giving other forms of investment advice such as for shares or conventional pensions etc. The presenters of these programmes should also have to declare their personal interest in the never ending fantasy of ramping house prices."

Well, this is what I said:

You're probably expecting me to suggest removal of HIPS or lowering of interest rates. In truth, the ONLY thing which would improve the house-buying system for a 'Generation X-er' such as me would be for houses to have realistic values in the first place. If it wasn't for the reckless lending by banks and the ramping of the market by vested interests such as Kirsty and Phil and other baby-boomers in government and finance, we'd be in that fairer position now. I sincerely hope this programme has a guest presenting this other side of the picture.

I think the question asked is geared towards property ramping. Why should you have to buy?

We should be looking at more secure and long term rental agreements, as an alternative to buying.

I would ask if she is in anyway related to any of the old families that have secretly dominated big business, such as the Rothchilds, the Rockerfellers, the Aldrichs, the Morgans and so on. Ask her if her family are shareholders in the Federal Reserve. (Yes, that's right folks, the Federal Reserve is a privately owned bank, not a part of the US Government apparatus. Shocked? Well, its true.)

Fact : A couple of years after I graduated and started work I shared a house. One of my two cohabitees was a lady by the name of Octavia De Trafford. That really was her name.

It turned out all her ancestral family had come over to England and had had close links with William the Conquerer. All her immediate relatives held hereditary seats in the House of Lords: Baron this, Viscount that, Lord the Other. Her brother was President of American Express in Taiwan, her father was the Chairman of the Confederation of British Industry and directorships in 14 well known companies. The family estate backed onto Beaulieu (National Motor Museum is in the grounds). De Trafford - as you might have guessed - relates to Trafford in Manchester. Apparently they owned much of the land around there, as well as estates in Ireland.

I had good reason to suspect Octavia had a crush on me and I gently turned her down. Big mistake you might say. First of all I'm not a freeloader. She was Cambridge grad in an intellectual league I had no chance of ever understanding. She spoke so fast I needed subtitles. We may have shared a house but we were in different universes. She was forever talking about Society Balls, finishing school, Cambridge reunions etc.

Lets put it this way; why would a woman from such a highly privileged position want with a ordinary Joe like me? How come she couldn't get some dashing young upper class chap to whisk her off her feet? She was a good person with her heart in the right place and I hope she's doing just fine but let's face it, marrying into a family of such privilege you'd be a fish out of water. I would, anyway.

At Octavia, bless her, didn't abuse her position, unlike some other aristocratic daughters we could name, to ramp the masses into despair.

Edited by nmarks

i have asked why if i worked at mcdonalds one day i can be a estate agent the next with not one gcse to show them...