House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pablo-silver or lead?

The Daffodils Are Up But Are Prices In The Spring Bounce?

OH MY GOD!

I've just read the article and seen that he uses the phrase "Green Shoots of Recovery"!!!!!

For everyone old enough to remember the 1st time that phrase was used, I hope your ribs aren't as sore as mine from laughing!

OH MY GOD!

I've just read the article and seen that he uses the phrase "Green Shoots of Recovery"!!!!!

For everyone old enough to remember the 1st time that phrase was used, I hope your ribs aren't as sore as mine from laughing!

Thats it, Im off. We ARE doomed.

OH MY GOD!

:P:lol::P Tears streaming down my face as I type....

Green Shoots of Recovery‏

Sent: 17 March 2008 13:45:22

To: graham.norwood@thetelegraph.co.uk

Graham,

I am honoured to announce that you have been awarded the much-coveted prize of "First Journalist To Prematurely Use The Phrase Green Shoots Of Recovery" Award, a.k.a. "The Numpty".

Credit lines are being withdrawn faster than an Italian cavalry brigade, mortgage lending rates are lower than Barry White's voice with a heavy cold, Northern Rock and Bear Stearns have been privatised or sold for less than the price of a Britney Spears haircut and inflation is creeping up to levels where the Bank Of England MPC members are putting their therapists on danger money.

In the midst of all of these indicators, you have the good sense and prescience to call a "spring bounce". Talk about contrarian thinking; you are the master of it!

I don't usually buy the Sunday Telegraph, but from now on I'm cancelling my subscription to Private Eye and will be eagerly awaiting further satirical nuggets of pure gold from you Graham; you're funnier than Simon Cowell with testicular cancer!

Keep it up!

Paddles

Graham,

I am honoured to announce that you have been awarded the much-coveted prize of "First Journalist To Prematurely Use The Phrase Green Shoots Of Recovery" Award, a.k.a. "The Numpty".

Credit lines are being withdrawn faster than an Italian cavalry brigade, mortgage lending rates are lower than Barry White's voice with a heavy cold, Northern Rock and Bear Stearns have been privatised or sold for less than the price of a Britney Spears haircut and inflation is creeping up to levels where the Bank Of England MPC members are putting their therapists on danger money.

In the midst of all of these indicators, you have the good sense and prescience to call a "spring bounce". Talk about contrarian thinking; you are the master of it!

I don't usually buy the Sunday Telegraph, but from now on I'm cancelling my subscription to Private Eye and will be eagerly awaiting further satirical nuggets of pure gold from you Graham; you're funnier than Simon Cowell with testicular cancer!

Keep it up!

Paddles

Classic! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm having to wipe away the tears of laughter as I type this!

Graham,

Keep it up!

Paddles

Excellent, very funny...I'd love to see 'the Numpty' - a variation on 'the oscar'. What form could it take?

Springtime for Hitler

From The Times, 7 May 1945

By Giant Knobwood, our politics correspondent.

German dictator Adolf Hitler is confident of a spring recovery for Germany. Speaking from his luxury bunker in Berlin, he brushed off rumours etc etc etc

Vested interest or what ...

he's begining to sound like 'Comical Ali'... :ph34r:

http://www.grahamnorwood.info/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Awareness Training

Graham Norwood offers media training to property professionals wishing to improve the profile of their companies in the national press, lifestyle magazines or property industry publications.

He has worked on training courses with national agencies such as Savills, Knight Frank and Hamptons International as well as regional and local agencies such as John D Wood and Marchand Petit. He has also advised public relations companies wishing to enter or increase their involvement in the residential property sector.

The training includes modules on how to write press releases, how journalists work, what different newspapers look for in stories, as well as simulated press interviews.

Vested interest or what ...

he's begining to sound like 'Comical Ali'... :ph34r:

http://www.grahamnorwood.info/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Awareness Training

Graham Norwood offers media training to property professionals wishing to improve the profile of their companies in the national press, lifestyle magazines or property industry publications.

He has worked on training courses with national agencies such as Savills, Knight Frank and Hamptons International as well as regional and local agencies such as John D Wood and Marchand Petit. He has also advised public relations companies wishing to enter or increase their involvement in the residential property sector.

The training includes modules on how to write press releases, how journalists work, what different newspapers look for in stories, as well as simulated press interviews.

Good spot. I got a failure message from the email to the Telegraph so I've punted it on to the one on his website.

Guest grumpy-old-man

Graham,

Keep it up!

Paddles

:lol::lol::lol:

very good Paddles

Excellent, very funny...I'd love to see 'the Numpty' - a variation on 'the oscar'. What form could it take?

A big rusty bellend.

OH MY GOD!

Indeed, it was always a laugh when they used that 18 years ago.

John Major in particularly was as fond as that phrase as by all accounts he was of peas and a little bit of Edwina.

Indeed, it was always a laugh when they used that 18 years ago.

John Major in particularly was as fond as that phrase as by all accounts he was of peas and a little bit of Edwina.

Amusingly, there was an article about Ronan O'Gara in the match programme at Twickenham on Saturday entitled "Green Shoots of Recovery". I was going to scan it and post it up here with some weak comment about it not taking long for the old cliches to come back. I never imagined some idiot journalist would have used it in a non-ironic way already.

Amusingly, there was an article about Ronan O'Gara in the match programme at Twickenham on Saturday entitled "Green Shoots of Recovery". I was going to scan it and post it up here with some weak comment about it not taking long for the old cliches to come back. I never imagined some idiot journalist would have used it in a non-ironic way already.

But I thought you said you remembered the last crash ;)

But I thought you said you remembered the last crash ;)

As I've said before on here; LSD was 3 quid a tab. My "memory" of those days is more a conceptual term.....