House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Googled 'interest Rates'

I just google 'interest rates' in the News section and it came back with loads of articles about central banks the World over - China, Taiwan, Indian, etc, - raising or about to raise IRs due to inflation. The exceptions seem to be the US, UK and Euro.

They are evenign talkign about Oz going up this month and again in May.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

I just google 'interest rates' in the News section and it came back with loads of articles about central banks the World over - China, Taiwan, Indian, etc, - raising or about to raise IRs due to inflation. The exceptions seem to be the US, UK and Euro.

Maybe need to add UK to that list too? Remember, only last week the chancellor said he'd be writing to the BoE to re-iterate the importance of CPI 2.0

yup looking very lightly with high CPI numbers expected out just before the meeting mortgage belt is struggling big time the number one economic battle right now is inflation

the reserve bank are saying employment is to high and economy to hot needs to come down I kid you not

glad I fixed mine

They are soaring today in the US:

1 Year ARM 5.11% 4.69%

30 Year Fixed Jumbo 7.05% 7.04%

5/1 ARM 5.70% 5.35%

3/1 ARM 5.51% 5.19%

Gloomberg just announced money market rates are "soaring." If Ben cuts today we could see the rates go orbital with US mortgage rates on the 30 year breach 8% for the fist time in years.

central banks the World over - China, Taiwan, Indian, etc, - raising or about to raise IRs due to inflation.

And I wonder what this is going to do to all the over indebted - overinflated property markets in these same countries. It is as if they were blind to what is happening to their own backyards.

Just read something in the FT about an 'Indian subrime' problem beginning to shake the local market...

And I wonder what this is going to do to all the over indebted - overinflated property markets in these same countries. It is as if they were blind to what is happening to their own backyards.

Just read something in the FT about an 'Indian subrime' problem beginning to shake the local market...

First its the black poor and pensioners of the US, now its the fault of the untouchables.

Its not people that are the problem, its the banks.

Its not people that are the problem, its the banks.

Agreed.

One more point to add to this. If their property bubbles burst too I'd say we can kiss goodbye to the commodity price boom and the inflation scenario.

Co-op have just brought out a 1 year fixed rate bond at 6.62%. Their savigns IRs have been lousey with some IRs as low as 4% before tax so this is quite a surprise.

Whether this says they are desperate for money - I thought they did not have much credit crunch exposure - or whether they think IRs are going to go up is beyond me now.