House Price Crash Forum

Now that the masses are starting to accept that the house price crash is finally starting to happen after so many years.

Is it time to start a new website called housepriceboom.co.uk? :P

We can have this site ready in a year or so, when we can be the small minority preaching of the next housing boom and hoping for recovery?

Does anyone else find it a bit of a shame that along with the current HPC, equities, interest rates etc all have gone south, so our deposits are worth less and we're all little/next to nothing closer to buying the house of our dreams?

:rolleyes:

Now that the masses are starting to accept that the house price crash is finally starting to happen after so many years.

We can have this site ready in a year or so, when we can be the small minority preaching of the next housing boom and hoping for recovery?

Does anyone else find it a bit of a shame that along with the current HPC, equities, interest rates etc all have gone south, so our deposits are worth less and we're all little/next to nothing closer to buying the house of our dreams?

Of course, if the current situation turns into rampant inflation, then house prices may 'boom' (in nominal terms at least).

What do you mean 'interest rates have gone south'? Savings rates haven't - they are highest for some time. I know all about inflation destroying them, but that's another issue. You seem confused. But I like the idea about the new 'boom' website....

What do you mean 'interest rates have gone south'? Savings rates haven't - they are highest for some time. I know all about inflation destroying them, but that's another issue. You seem confused. But I like the idea about the new 'boom' website....

Someone I know works on the Inside Track web site. They are already planning it.

Does anyone else find it a bit of a shame that ... we're all little/next to nothing closer to buying the house of our dreams?

Which goes back to my original view that I'm better off with a house than without.

Those who STR in London in 2002,3 or 4 shafted themselves totally.

Which goes back to my original view that I'm better off with a house than without.

Aw, a big welcome for Telometer to the main forum! Step on up to the microphone and speak your words of wisdom, oh wise one!

As the financial system melts down, credit lines are withdrawn and asset prices crash through the floor, it's nice to know that Telometer "can't see no puddy cat"....

House-repos.co.uk

Pick up a bargain, cash buyers only though.

:ph34r:

I think I am going to have to put "This is the return of the slum landlord" into my sig, I have mentioned it a number of times.

What was the name of that pawnbroker again, the only one that is publicly quoted?

Depends whether you can afford the mortgage!

I think around 2011 might be a good time to lauch Housepriceboom.co

However, if this crash is going to be as bad as it is starting to look we could be talking 2021.

I think around 2011 might be a good time to lauch Housepriceboom.co

However, if this crash is going to be as bad as it is starting to look we could be talking 2021.

It's so difficult to tell isn't it?

All we can say is this is a once in a lifetime event and sooo much worse than GC1 that GC1 won't even be recognised as a crash, it will just be Minor Correction 7 (choose your own number).

housepriceboom.co.uk is already taken (and not by Fubra). In any case we will not see such a boom for a very long time (if ever).

I think the house price crash will be a pyrrhic victory if anything.

Albemarle & Bond ?

Cheers I will investigate that.

Edit to add:

I did check housepricerecovery.co.uk a while back and that wasn't taken. These threads seem to pop up from time to time. :D

Edited by bobthe~

goldpricecrash.co.uk ?

for all the people (like me) sitting on the fence, thinking we've probably missed the boat to buy some, bitterly watching the price skyrocketing... looking forward to the price crashing back down to earth, impoverishing all the speculators who profited from it :)

Edited by t350t