House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

Guest grumpy-old-man
vistors on House Price Crash.

Presumably they did not come here for knitting recipes.

well that title made me look straight away dog. :D

I was thinking:

809 billion injected somewhere

809 billion in writedowns

809 pog

809 drop on FTSE ;)

809 ways to sell you house

well that title made me look straight away dog. :D

I was thinking:

809 billion injected somewhere

809 billion in writedowns

809 pog

809 drop on FTSE ;)

809 ways to sell you house

809 banks on credit watch?

Is there any bulls among them ?

Probably not, but if you are missing them:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? YOU HAVE CAUSED FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON WITH YOUR WEBSITE.

etc

Guest grumpy-old-man
There are no bulls let, even those have morphed into "neithers". :ph34r:

there just isn't enough 'I told you so badges' to go around I feel. :D

edited - c'mon CO & dogbox, we miss your blind optimism.

Edited by grumpy-old-man

"YOU HAVE CAUSED FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON WITH YOUR WEBSITE." is the mark of a troll, not a bull.

Bulls are ritually slaughtered here so don't expect any to hang around. Even those who express any opinion other than the true faith get ear markered as trolls and shouted down. I'd quite like to see some counter arguments, if they have any validity then it makes for more interesting reading than pop goes another bank.

Asian Bulls Roar :lol:

For all its considerable economic and financial woe, the US makes a minor contribution to changes in global demand for most commodities, other than oil. China, on the other hand, already accounts for 27 per cent of world copper demand, and it has clocked up 13 per cent annual demand growth for five years. China buys 60 per cent of all new global production.A better leading indicator for copper is China's fixed asset investment, which is growing at 24 per cent a year.

This figure encompasses the greatest housing boom in history, with apartment blocks going up to house 1.5 million new urban migrants every month. It also includes the world's greatest road and railway construction boom. In January, for example, the Mayor of Shanghai, Han Zheng, warned his city's commuters to brace for "tough times" because his municipal workers would obstruct more than 1000 roads as they dug away at a subway network that will end up one quarter larger than the London Underground.

Han plans to build 116 subway stations this year - compared with Australia's grand total of seven - as he lays 276 kilometres of new underground railways by 2012. Beijing says its subway network is going to be bigger still. And 35 other large Chinese cities have plans or have asked permission to extend their subway networks or build them from scratch. That is a lot of copper, nickel and, above all, steel. But China's construction industry accounts for only a quarter of the country's hunger for copper. New power generators and transmission lines consume double that share. China built more electricity generating capacity in the past five years than it did in the previous 50. But that was not enough to keep up with the country's electricity demand. Similar stories can be told for tin, which rose $US850 a tonne on Friday to a new record. And oil, which hit $US111 a barrel at the weekend, and lead, iron ore, coal, uranium, wheat and almost every other commodity with which Australia happens to be overly endowed

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries has shrugged off calls for more supply. Oil markets are rising due to speculation and the U.S. dollar's fall, not on a lack of petroleum production, OPEC President Chakib Khelil said on Sunday, the official Algerian news agency APS reported. Adding support to energy markets, Iraq halted pumping of Kirkuk crude through its northern pipeline to Turkey on Sunday due to a minor breakdown, but pumping was expected to resume soon, a shipping source said on Monday.

In Nigeria, an oil workers' union is calling for a strike in the oil sector starting on Wednesday to protest about a labour dispute at the Nigerian arm of ExxonMobil (nyse: XOM - news - people ), a union boss said on Monday. (Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori; Editing by Michael Urquhart)

:lol:

there just isn't enough 'I told you so badges' to go around I feel. :D

edited - c'mon CO & dogbox, we miss your blind optimism.

I was having a conversation with Mrs. Paddles over the weekend about how deeply unsatisfying it feels actually being right about this stuff. I've spent the last couple of years wondering why I'm the only person I know who was questioning the debt culture and the crackerjack housing market. Now that my friends and colleagues are worried/in trouble/asking me my opinion without shouting me down I would have thought I'd feel, well, more smug than I do. In reality, the whole thing just depresses me.

I was having a conversation with Mrs. Paddles over the weekend about how deeply unsatisfying it feels actually being right about this stuff. I've spent the last couple of years wondering why I'm the only person I know who was questioning the debt culture and the crackerjack housing market. Now that my friends and colleagues are worried/in trouble/asking me my opinion without shouting me down I would have thought I'd feel, well, more smug than I do. In reality, the whole thing just depresses me.

Same here. Came looking for answers as to why I was the only person yelling sell sell sell!

Unfortunately, discovered financial armageddon lies beneath all of this, so I don't feel happy about being right. b*ll*cks

"YOU HAVE CAUSED FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON WITH YOUR WEBSITE." is the mark of a troll, not a bull.

Bulls are ritually slaughtered here so don't expect any to hang around. Even those who express any opinion other than the true faith get ear markered as trolls and shouted down. I'd quite like to see some counter arguments, if they have any validity then it makes for more interesting reading than pop goes another bank.

Over the years there have been bulls who were liked and respected.

The problem we now have is that the only people left pleading the bull case are the type of people who have to wear pyjamas and crash helmets all day.

Edited by dog

The problem we now have is that the only people left pleading the bull case are the type of people who have to wear pyjamas and crash helmets all day.

I think I got that :lol:

Me too... but I guess we'd all be more depressed if we didnt protect ourslves / save.

Dont read the site for a few days & go spend some houseprice crash - cash havin fun :P

body_snatchers.jpg

Guest An Bearin Bui

Same here - I never really imagined the meltdown would be so spectacular and would hit the stockmarket first. It's annoying to me that the stockmarket and currencies are being completely hammered while house prices are relatively unscathed in the UK so far. If someone had told me a year ago that a major UK bank would have collapsed already and that banks would be retrenching in the face of a massive de-leveraging wave, I would have assumed this would have fed through to house prices by now and we would be seeing mass repossessions and BTL bankruptcies. Instead we're getting all the stockmarket and currency crises now and house prices are still just stagnating rather than crashing.

My feelings are now closer to a sense of sick dread rather than glee. What if there is just hyperinflation and bank bailouts and all these idiots who borrowed mountains of money get away scot-free while house prices hold their nominal value? The long-awaited HPC has been a let-down so far and has hurt SM and fund investors more than property speculators :angry: :angry:

Most users ever online was 1,358 on Today, 12:29 PM

That'll be the "spring bounce" that all the VIs have been talking about then!

Some of us (i.e. me) are just coming back after a long time away. The news since Friday just shows where we are heading and I have to say it's getting pretty interesting.

I guess some of us couldn't stick it out fully for the past few years, hanging around the forum, but the things discussed / speculated / learnt on here are not easily forgotten!!!

Guest grumpy-old-man

perhaps it's just the area I work & live in as the majority are self obsessed, greedy tw4ts imo.

They didn't seem so down trodden over the last 5 years telling everyone about their property portfolios & new cars etc....so why should we feel sorry for them now.

If you spend more than you earn, then you are thick & deserve all you get imo.....

edited - this might appear a tad harsh, I do have sympathy for the people that get caught up in it all, decent hard working families.....but lets be honest, are there many of those left ?

Edited by grumpy-old-man

Me too... but I guess we'd all be more depressed if we didnt protect ourslves / save.

Dont read the site for a few days & go spend some houseprice crash - cash havin fun :P

Me too - two friends have recently bought (and yet to move in as FTB's). Another bought last July. I thought I would feel quietly smug.....but It is all thoroughly depressing. Was out with one mate on the weekend. His Girlfriend is "really excited" as they hope to move in next weekend.....it's all going to go horribly wrong for them and I take no pleasure in it.