House Price Crash Forum

Boe To Inject £5 Billion Into Markets

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
BOE are to make a further £5 billion available to banks, because of lack of liquidity in markets at the moment. On BBC News now.

This is all so futile --- the bankers are getting their just-deserts after years and years of greed and dishonesty.....

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
A&L down over 10% today! I think they may be next to be pushed out of the balloon.

HBOS (LSE:HBOS.L)

Last Trade: 468.00 p

Change: 60.00 (11.36%)

Prev Close: 528.00

Open: 495.00

Bid: 467.25

Ask: 468.25

HBOS now down over 11% it's a race to the bottom :lol:

HOLA4410
Looks like its going to be a long week and its only 4 days!!! Anyone thing next Tuesday could be a key day as people will have the long weekend to think about things ?

I think someone should pin seven threads called Black Monday, Black Tuesday etc. It would save time.

HOLA4411
HBOS (LSE:HBOS.L)

Last Trade: 468.00 p

Change: 60.00 (11.36%)

Prev Close: 528.00

Open: 495.00

Bid: 467.25

Ask: 468.25

HBOS now down over 11% it's a race to the bottom :lol:

Time to move savings out of banks and into NSandI?

I am also having a problem with taking advantage of sterling's slide by not being able to trust the institution that holds my Swissies. It's a dilemma.

HOLA4412
Time to move savings out of banks and into NSandI?I am also having a problem with taking advantage of sterling's slide by not being able to trust the institution that holds my Swissies. It's a dilemma.

NSI is my biggest holding , you can buy both index linked issues many many times over in the form of trusts even using your kids names , tax free , only need to hold for 12 months to get the growth , safest place in the UK .

HOLA4413

Questions for someone in the know:

The Bank is injecting £5 billion into credit markets.

How do we know (if this is possible to find out) WHO is exactly taking advantage of this money? I believe the auction takes place in an hour or so...

Someone correct me if i'm wrong: after Northern Rock The Bank keeps it quiet where is provides funding to a financial institution as a lender of last resort, in order to prevent a run on the bank in question.

Could this be exascerbating the credit problem? Banks aren't lending to each other because they are unsure if they will get their money back. Surely being more transparent over which banks are experiencing problems would indicate which ones to avoid, therefore freeing up credit markets eleswhere? ie HBOS, A&L and Barclays currently arent lending to each other. If we know that A&L are in real trouble (because) they have taken emergency fuding from The Bank, HBOS and Barclays might be more comfortable lending to each other.

Perhaps this is a gross over simplification, but surely makes a degree of sense?

HOLA4414

How do we know (if this is possible to find out) WHO is exactly taking advantage of this money? I believe the auction takes place in an hour or so...

Someone correct me if i'm wrong: after Northern Rock The Bank keeps it quiet where is provides funding to a financial institution as a lender of last resort, in order to prevent a run on the bank in question.

Could this be exascerbating the credit problem? Banks aren't lending to each other because they are unsure if they will get their money back. Surely being more transparent over which banks are experiencing problems would indicate which ones to avoid, therefore freeing up credit markets eleswhere? ie HBOS, A&L and Barclays currently arent lending to each other. If we know that A&L are in real trouble (because) they have taken emergency fuding from The Bank, HBOS and Barclays might be more comfortable lending to each other.

Perhaps this is a gross over simplification, but surely makes a degree of sense?

A little, but then again, if you found out the bank you had your savings in was going to the BoE, what would you do?

Same as me and everyone else I reckon. :)

Sorry, edit to add: If that were the case, the banks would then not turn up for fear of starting a run on their funds.

Edited by bobthe~

HOLA4415

How do you know that A&L have taken funding from the Bank - thought it was kept secret.

HOLA4416

According to hotairmail post earlier, Barclays investment MAY have lost about a Billion in the Bear stearns issue.

Thats a lot to loose over the weekend, even with wine at £1000 a bottle.

HOLA4417

5 billion is nothing , they gave NR 100 bill over 4/5 months that didn't work .

Injecting 5 billion in , is similar to like giving a alcoholic tramp a tenner , he then goes and buys his daily bottle of scotch , but the next day that tenners gone and he needs more cash to keep himself going , the system like the tramp is busted .

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420