House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nmarks

Is There A Limi Tot Bernanke's Money Creation

Reason I ask is I saw someone today say Benanke only had $400billion left. I didn't know why that was the case.

I'd like to help Ben out but I'm a bit short this week but then I guess Infiinity is quite a lot.

infinityJH.gif

cg- i really appreciate your genius- but could you be less subtle - i mean give us a clue peleazzze :lol:

Reason I ask is I saw someone today say Benanke only had $400billion left. I didn't know why that was the case.

I'd like to help Ben out but I'm a bit short this week but then I guess Infiinity is quite a lot.

yep i read he has $400bn of safe us treasury bonds- he spent 200bn last friday- not much left to play with

Guest Steve Cook
infinityJH.gif

I am assuming, by this symbol, you are referring to the seamless web that is the interconnected relationships between these global organisations. Where one VI ends and another begins is seamless (without end).

Then again, it could just be another load of old cryptic b*llocks....

Edited by Steve Cook

Guest Steve Cook

Infinity (symbolically represented with ) comes from the Latin infinitas or "unboundedness." It refers to several distinct concepts (usually linked to the idea of "without end")

Steve

cg- i really appreciate your genius- but could you be less subtle - i mean give us a clue peleazzze :lol:

It's the internationally accepted symbol for a red herring.

You're welcome. :)

Edited by Red Kharma

It's the internationally accepted symbol for a red herring.

You're welcome. :)

Its a weeble thats fallen on its side.

I think that what the Fed has been doing is allowing banks to swap AAA mortgage debt for government bonds it holds and to then use those bonds to raise collateral from the money markets. Given that they're basically swapping billions of dollars of rock solid bonds for dodgy mortgages this seems like a pretty stupid thing to do but at least they'll run our of ammunition fairly soon, assuming they don't just print some more money and use it to buy more government bonds again.

Its a weeble thats fallen on its side.

Well no, because weebles are like house prices.

They wobble, but they don't fall down.

(So I've been told by people wanting to sell them, in any case.)