House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sheer Heart Attack

Sutton Financial: We're Headed For A Depression

Sutton Financial: We're Headed for a Depression

The National Expositor

Andy Sutton

15 March 2008

It doesn’t matter what newspaper you picked up. It doesn’t matter what TV show you watched. Records fell like no time in recent history with perhaps the exception of Carl Lewis running loose at the Olympics in his heyday. I wonder how much his Gold medals are worth now?
$1.55 on the Euro, $100 on the Yen, $1000 Gold, $110 oil. The three pillars of what we have been writing about for almost 2 years in this column are falling into place exactly as we said they would. Gold and oil up, the Dollar down. This was no stroke of genius mind you, but rather a dead-wringer given the circumstances surrounding the financial system. Things are starting to get interesting, but AGAIN,
rather than stand up and admit how bad this problem is, the powers that be continue to offer fairytale assertions of how things are fine and that the bottom is in. Crying bottom has already cost a number of forecasters their reputations and in some cases, their jobs.
Yesterday, Standard & Poor’s took their turn on the stump saying that the writedowns from subprime mortgages are basically over. A few weeks ago, CNBC trotted out T. Boone Pickens in an attempt to talk down the price of oil.
The effort fell flat on its face and Mr. Pickens ended up looking rather badly. He also lost quite a bit of money if he was actually short oil, which I seriously doubt. This has been the way of things. Every time I watch one of these interviews, I feel the need to dig through cereal boxes looking for the special glasses they used to include to help you see the magic patterns on the back of the box.
So the latest is that the subprime writedowns are over; blue skies are here again...

I urge you to read the whole of that piece - it'll take you no more than 2-3 minutes but it is GRIM!

I wonder how things are really going to turn out in the end.

Guest muttley
I urge you to read the whole of that piece - it'll take you no more than 2-3 minutes but it is GRIM!

I wouldn't bother. The article was taken from one of the many whacko conspiracy theory websites that have cropped up since the introduction of the internet. You can also read about 9/11 being an inside job, and pharmaceutical companies introducing cancer viruses to their products on the same site.

http://www.nationalexpositor.com/

I wouldn't bother. The article was taken from one of the many whacko conspiracy theory websites that have cropped up since the introduction of the internet. You can also read about 9/11 being an inside job, and pharmaceutical companies introducing cancer viruses to their products on the same site.

http://www.nationalexpositor.com/

I must admit that I had never seen the site before I posted the article.

Talking of "conspiracy theory" sites (I would prefer the term alternative news source as their sources seem as credible as the mainstream meejia), the two sites I personally check on a regular basis are -

What Really Happened and

Information Clearing House

I do find it slightly ironic that given the just battering the mainstream meejia sites come in for that alternative sites aren't considered with the same suspicion and venom. In addition to that, the site is actually quoting a company called Sutton and Associates LLC, a financial planning firm rather like our media spokesman is in charge of.

If you believe that the official account of 9/11 is true (and the two people behind the 9/11 commission don't), power to your elbow, fella. However, there is an ongoing discussion of the off-topic forum about 9/11 and the main forum is obviously not the place to talk about it.