House Price Crash Forum
right_freds_dead

Speculate On Gold With Your Credit Card

get a 0% credit card (or lots of them)

then buy up the full balances with gold coins.

wait 6 months.

cash in the gold, pay the balances, keep the difference.

possibly 20% +

where do you see gold going??

what £ price will be the top and when?

Will silver be the thing to buy next as that will be all that the masses in the USA

can afford when the $ goes tits?

what will the top for silver be and when??

gold will easy ride to $1600 oz by end of summer.

BUT inflation adjusted from the last crisis peak in the early 80s (which wasnt as bad as this one) is $3000oz +

all the investors are bursting for the door getting out of disaster ridden credit pulp and into hard commodities.

commodities leave no doubts. all this leverage and fog and utter banking ******** WHICH IS REAL - not and EXERCISE is making leaving money on paper very risky.

we may even see a return to gold backed currencies after this, if its get really serious (and it looks really serious).

im plowing EVERYTHING i have into gold (aside from a back up of euros).

im considering cc option, but i have my own cash so prob wont, but if i was a regular type person with hardly any savings id be lining up the cards and buying gold pronto.

wait 6 months.

possibly 20% +

It might well work.

But giving people that as an idea is irresponcible.

How easy is it to speculate like this?

You mean buying 'virtual gold' , not actually holding gold.

Dealing/transaction costs? Which broker do you recommend?

i havent got silver although i hear its as good, if not better. wheat even better than that.

in fact anything that isnt mortgage backed securities, hedge funded or otherwise a malestrom of financial hogwash is good to go.

its not gold rising, its the realisation of the actual worth of paper is falling.

sharply and daily.

and you can feel it already in the price of your meals.

wait 6 months.

possibly 20% +

i've been considering gold for a while and the evnts of the last week or so may well have pushed me into buying some

How easy is it to speculate like this?

You mean buying 'virtual gold' , not actually holding gold.

Dealing/transaction costs? Which broker do you recommend?

go to chards in blackpool.

search google for chards, blackpool gold coins. you will find them.

established gold dealer. buy physical coins or bars. they do specific gold investment packages and can offer advice.

i think they have been in business for over 30 years. old school.

Need to think about VAT if you buy gold coins and physically hold them in the UK you will almost certainly incur VAT and when you sell you will not get the VAT uplift, so you waste the VAT.

Might be an idea to buy gold from small traders not VAT registered, some eBay sellers are selling gold coins at very small margins over its bullion price and you can pay with pay pal so there may be an angle here.

You could use your cards to make a cash withdrawal and buy gold coins from private individuals but its a bit of a drag as your time and transport costs need to be factored into it and the credit card company will charge interest on these type of transactions and also may effect your credit rating as they may think you are in trouble. As some have noted on this site cash withdrawals and buying essentials with a credit card has made some card providers review credit limits

I think Gold will rise but your idea needs a little more thought

Will have a look, cheers.

Edit:

Arr, you mean physical gold. Don't fancy holding coins............

Edited by Rover

i've been considering gold for a while and the evnts of the last week or so may well have pushed me into buying some

i bought in nov and have made 20%+ and the crisis hasnt even got going really.

(anecdotal - while i was in collecting coins someone was in there buying on a cc card AND debit card. seemed to be maxing them out. he looked at me crooked cos i was pretty scruffy as usual, only when they brough my bag of coins over it made his paltry investment look like beads. then i got back in me mercedes and went. thats him sold on gold i reckon !!)

i can almost feel the cashing in of billiions of funds as we speak, while joe public is still being foled into buying failed financial products, only so they can draw out even more and put it into commodities. before it all goes rapidly tits up.

i bought in nov and have made 20%+ and the crisis hasnt even got going really.

(anecdotal - while i was in collecting coins someone was in there buying on a cc card AND debit card. seemed to be maxing them out. he looked at me crooked cos i was pretty scruffy as usual, only when they brough my bag of coins over it made his paltry investment look like beads. then i got back in me mercedes and went. thats him sold on gold i reckon !!)

i can almost feel the cashing in of billiions of funds as we speak, while joe public is still being foled into buying failed financial products, only so they can draw out even more and put it into commodities. before it all goes rapidly tits up.

You are risking life and limb here RFD. The deflation gang will be along soon to give you a good beating.

A steep and sharp correction could occur at the time you want to sell it. I would advise extreme caution.

im happy to listen to you provided you can show me evidence of why people would suddendly get back out of commodities and back into failing (massively failing) financial products ??

please tell me ??

id cash my gold in if you have any ideas that stand up to scrutiny. i.e. not just a wacky guess or a personal opinion based on nothing fundemental.

wait 6 months.

possibly 20% +

This is a fuggin dumb idea.

1 - Most gold outlets do not accept credit cards, only debit cards.

I'm surprised you dont know this. Credit card payments can be reclaimed, the vendors know this and so dont accept them.

2 - Its only a stones throw from borrowing money to speculate on house prices.

3 - you should NEVER borrow money to speculate. If you havent got the cash on hand then you cannot afford to gamble it on financial markets.

4 - I hope you are qualified to dispense, and have indemnity insurance for, this information RFD.

RFD the a4se has fallen out of your credibility with this one......

Edited by needle

Buying any asset with 100% leveredge is on of the most stupid ideas ever. Especially one thats riding on a wave of massive hype and speculation.

go to chards in blackpool.

search google for chards, blackpool gold coins. you will find them.

established gold dealer. buy physical coins or bars. they do specific gold investment packages and can offer advice.

i think they have been in business for over 30 years. old school.

They do not take credit cards because of the transaction costs and fraud risk; I'm not aware of any dealer who does.

Virtual gold might well be different ;)

You are risking life and limb here RFD. The deflation gang will be along soon to give you a good beating.

thats ok cos im ready with my nail studded gold standard currency failure cosh.....

wait 6 months.

possibly 20% +

Use credit card.

Keep money, you created it, it's yours.

They do not take credit cards because of the transaction costs and fraud risk; I'm not aware of any dealer who does.

Virtual gold might well be different ;)

thats what it seemed. you have to register also before you buy. unless its deposits. either way he was "put this on that and this amount on this one"

Use credit card.

Keep money, you created it, it's yours.

cant cos you have to pay it back in full.

you need it to make something in the 6 months and doing this into gold is a good bet for the low savers, but cc card holders.

one in the eye for the bank to, makes a change them fueling their own doom fo ra change.

like BTL but in total reverse !!

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens at the major resistance point of $1047, which could well be approached very quickly. It if flies through that then I can see a strong upside.

Buying any asset with 100% leveredge is on of the most stupid ideas ever. Especially one thats riding on a wave of massive hype and speculation.

but thats all the major banks have done for the last 4 years !!!

just like northern rock.

its no different to what they were doing.

gambling on a financial guess.

it goes wrong when you start believing that its your talent and not chance thats making the money.

- like northern rock.

Nobody knows when gold will crash, but one thing to realise is that sooner or later it will.

Buying in now would only be something I would be prepared to do if I had lots of cash I would be willing to potentially lose.

If I lose cash now by it being inflated away, then there is nothing I could do about it so I wouldn't feel like the loser had I GAMBLED and LOST.

Edited by Craig77