House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
toonboy

Stamp Duty - Can I Check Something

Just had an argument with an estate agent

Scenario 1: I pay 249k + i pay 1% stamp duty = i pay 251490

Scenario 2: I pay 260k + developer pays 3% stamp duty = i pay 260k developer pays 7800

have i got this right? i will then tell you the rest of story, if i have done my sums correct, the estate agent i just told to piss off deserves it lol

Just had an argument with an estate agent

Scenario 1: I pay 249k + i pay 1% stamp duty = i pay 251490

Scenario 2: I pay 260k + developer pays 3% stamp duty = i pay 260k developer pays 7800

have i got this right? i will then tell you the rest of story, if i have done my sums correct, the estate agent i just told to piss off deserves it lol

and so developer makes 252200 instead of 249000 but make me have to fork out an extra 11k so they can make an extra 3200 profit. philistines. maybe they dont want the house to hit the land registry at 249 when they are trying to sell the crappy townhouses (terrace) for 249 still :unsure:

Yep - she's got the figures wrong - I would be furious too

yeah pissed of i was, thought she was going to accept 249k and i was going to tell her things had changed and i was only interested at 220k lol then she comes out with this shit, unbelievable, stupid bint, i know 100% things will crash and now im walking away

she called back today desperate as hell, she tried to convince me and then said they would sell at the price i had suggested then i had to tell her i had to pull out and was only interested at a much much lower price :lol:;)

she called back today desperate as hell, she tried to convince me and then said they would sell at the price i had suggested then i had to tell her i had to pull out and was only interested at a much much lower price :lol:;)

Nice one - Classic - Go on -

Offer 220 - Just for us ? :D

Nice one - Classic - Go on -

Offer 220 - Just for us ? :D

i offered 215 in that very conversation, said things had changed :lol: dont expect a call back, think im going to put 50k on palladium and hope for a price double and just rent ;)

Toonboy, they're messing with your brain - don't let them take you over £250K under any cirumstances.

Offer £240K in response to their scam offer.

If you lose interest in the property, just for a laugh, offer £251K as long as they pay the stamp duty. Watch the little cogs going round and find out how bright they really are.

:lol::lol:

now that would be funny