House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KingCharles1st

You Know- I'm Still Angry About Those Two *****kers Giggling In The Budget-

A YouGov poll reported in the Sunday Times has the Tories in a 16% lead.

Labout support hits 25 year low.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle3559480.ece

What has amazed me is how much backlash there has been over the 4p extra tax on a pint of beer. People in my wife's home town of Newcastle are livid apparently. Its a viceral reaction - not a rational reaction but it all adds up to votes in the end.

A YouGov poll reported in the Sunday Times has the Tories in a 16% lead.

Labout support hits 25 year low.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle3559480.ece

What has amazed me is how much backlash there has been over the 4p extra tax on a pint of beer. People in my wife's home town of Newcastle are livid apparently. Its a viceral reaction - not a rational reaction but it all adds up to votes in the end.

It just shows how naive the sheeple are though. They'll backlash over 4p extra on a pint of beer but bailing out NR to the tune of thousands each and they barely bat an eyelid! How many pints would that be at 4p extra?

Mad.

Still it's only the taxpayers bailing out NR - the beer is consumed by all.

It just shows how naive the sheeple are though. They'll backlash over 4p extra on a pint of beer but bailing out NR to the tune of thousands each and they barely bat an eyelid! How many pints would that be at 4p extra?

Mad.

Still it's only the taxpayers bailing out NR - the beer is consumed by all.

I agree. It's a tax that the financially illiterate can actually understand. Even if you drink 6 pints a night every night all year it's only 87 quid tax. Tell people that NIs gone up or the 10% band has been abolished or that the tax bands haven't moved with inflation and they will have no idea what you're talking about.

Take solace from knowing that you're witnessing the presence of the largest group of idiots ever to have entered the walls of Westminster.

EVERBODY I speak to hates them with passion. There time will come. That's a certainty.

The only rational explanation is that Labour now realise the mess they've created by presiding over one massive asset bubble, and are trying desperately to throw the next election so that the next incumbents inherit a basket case economy.

You'd think they'd have tried to use a bit more finesse to disguise this ploy, but removing what is left of the country's disposable income in order to "lift children out of poverty" (ie give more benefit money to bottom-feeders to spend on dope, lager and junk food) and "save the planet" is really, really taking the p1$$. Do they think we're all morons??

The only rational explanation is that Labour now realise the mess they've created by presiding over one massive asset bubble, and are trying desperately to throw the next election so that the next incumbents inherit a basket case economy.

You'd think they'd have tried to use a bit more finesse to disguise this ploy, but removing what is left of the country's disposable income in order to "lift children out of poverty" (ie give more benefit money to bottom-feeders to spend on dope, lager and junk food) and "save the planet" is really, really taking the p1$$. Do they think we're all morons??

I remember in 1991 people were saying the same thing abour John Major's (equally cr@p government) and he got re-elected despite the housing slump and recession that this caused!

They are all the same mate. Cameron would have done the same thing. Politicians love HPI!

Why you can't believe a word Balls says

By Simon Heffer

It always used to distress me, as a young parliamentary sketch-writer on this newspaper 20 years ago, that the quotes from the floor of the House of Commons that I had put in my column often read completely differently when printed in Hansard. Was my hearing, or my handwriting, that bad? My naivety was soon exploded by older hands. If an MP shouts out something obtuse or embarrassing, he can go to see the Hansard reporters later, and ask to have the record "amended".

Thus it was that Ed Balls, the Children's Minister, has gone down in history - well, according to Hansard at least - as having ejaculated "so weak" from the front bench when, in his response to the Budget, Dave said, quite correctly, that we now have the heaviest tax burden in our history. He in fact yelled out "so what?" This is something of which a zealot like Mr Balls would normally be proud, but which the Government of which he is a member likes to play down or keep quiet about - for obvious reasons.

Panic broke out: Mr Balls is, after all, the anointed of Gordon Brown. If he believes it is a matter of no concern that we are bleeding people white to pay for the Brown Terror and the client state of obedient Labour voters, then it may be imagined that Mr Brown thinks it, too: which could have quite severe electoral consequences. Hansard was spoken to and the so-called record now reads "so weak". When Dave, again quite rightly, quoted Mr Balls's silly comment back at him, he did not deny it. The denial came only when the loudmouthed twerp was told of the hideous damage his idiocy could do to his party and, we must presume, to his career prospects.

Mr Balls is one of those politicians who trades on a reputation for being clever. I have met him only once. I came away with the impression that he was an arrogant, charm-free fool and about as pukka as a nine-bob note. I came to this view after he told me, with a straight face, that if Scotland became independent, the consequent end of the United Kingdom would entail the end of the monarchy. No doubt he would deny having said that, too, had a Hansard reporter been present.

Mr Balls is motivated by one thing only, and that - God help us - is to succeed the man on whose shoulder he sits as Prime Minister. He will trample on anyone, and abandon every scruple, if it serves his purpose. No wonder he was so desperate to get that revelatory "so what?" off the record.

It has been a bad week for Mr Balls. On top of his Budget disaster, he smeared some voluntary-aided schools, claiming they were breaking the rules by demanding money from parents, in order to create a diversion from another of his failures. A fifth of 11-year-old children didn't get a place at the school of their choice for next year. In some London boroughs, the figure was nearer a half. Labour's policies have helped create so many frighteningly bad schools that parents want their children to avoid them like the plague. Imagine how such families must feel this week, and how grateful they must feel towards the benign Mr Balls.

It is neither here nor there that, despite fierce competition, Mr Balls is by some distance the most repulsive member of Her Majesty's Government. However, his regard for the truth and his emetic personality have propelled him far in politics. In his titanic arrogance, he cannot be blamed for believing they will get him further yet. With his Jimmy Clitheroe-lookalike wife, Yvette Cooper, the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, he radiates the sense of entitlement and divine right that the public finds so unattractive in its elected representatives. Our patience with such people, their destructive policies, their contempt for hard-working people and the systematic deceit with which they conduct public life is exhausted.

And that's on the record, Mr Balls.

Why you can't believe a word Balls says

By Simon Heffer

It always used to distress me, as a young parliamentary sketch-writer on this newspaper 20 years ago, that the quotes from the floor of the House of Commons that I had put in my column often read completely differently when printed in Hansard. Was my hearing, or my handwriting, that bad? My naivety was soon exploded by older hands. If an MP shouts out something obtuse or embarrassing, he can go to see the Hansard reporters later, and ask to have the record "amended".

Thus it was that Ed Balls, the Children's Minister, has gone down in history - well, according to Hansard at least - as having ejaculated "so weak" from the front bench when, in his response to the Budget, Dave said, quite correctly, that we now have the heaviest tax burden in our history. He in fact yelled out "so what?" This is something of which a zealot like Mr Balls would normally be proud, but which the Government of which he is a member likes to play down or keep quiet about - for obvious reasons.

Panic broke out: Mr Balls is, after all, the anointed of Gordon Brown. If he believes it is a matter of no concern that we are bleeding people white to pay for the Brown Terror and the client state of obedient Labour voters, then it may be imagined that Mr Brown thinks it, too: which could have quite severe electoral consequences. Hansard was spoken to and the so-called record now reads "so weak". When Dave, again quite rightly, quoted Mr Balls's silly comment back at him, he did not deny it. The denial came only when the loudmouthed twerp was told of the hideous damage his idiocy could do to his party and, we must presume, to his career prospects.

Mr Balls is one of those politicians who trades on a reputation for being clever. I have met him only once. I came away with the impression that he was an arrogant, charm-free fool and about as pukka as a nine-bob note. I came to this view after he told me, with a straight face, that if Scotland became independent, the consequent end of the United Kingdom would entail the end of the monarchy. No doubt he would deny having said that, too, had a Hansard reporter been present.

Mr Balls is motivated by one thing only, and that - God help us - is to succeed the man on whose shoulder he sits as Prime Minister. He will trample on anyone, and abandon every scruple, if it serves his purpose. No wonder he was so desperate to get that revelatory "so what?" off the record.

It has been a bad week for Mr Balls. On top of his Budget disaster, he smeared some voluntary-aided schools, claiming they were breaking the rules by demanding money from parents, in order to create a diversion from another of his failures. A fifth of 11-year-old children didn't get a place at the school of their choice for next year. In some London boroughs, the figure was nearer a half. Labour's policies have helped create so many frighteningly bad schools that parents want their children to avoid them like the plague. Imagine how such families must feel this week, and how grateful they must feel towards the benign Mr Balls.

It is neither here nor there that, despite fierce competition, Mr Balls is by some distance the most repulsive member of Her Majesty's Government. However, his regard for the truth and his emetic personality have propelled him far in politics. In his titanic arrogance, he cannot be blamed for believing they will get him further yet. With his Jimmy Clitheroe-lookalike wife, Yvette Cooper, the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, he radiates the sense of entitlement and divine right that the public finds so unattractive in its elected representatives. Our patience with such people, their destructive policies, their contempt for hard-working people and the systematic deceit with which they conduct public life is exhausted.

And that's on the record, Mr Balls.

Simply apposite. Hurrah for Mr Heffer.

Ouch!

Anyway, no way he'll ever be prime minister - Prime Minister Balls??? :lol:

Major actually left the economy in sound shape when he left office, and his words were as such, he subsequently left the message for the new incumbents 'not to screw up' clearly fell on deaf ears.

Labour have never presided over a successful economic period in our history and I see no reason why they should now, or will ever do, they are about as economically literate as your average chav.

I remember in 1991 people were saying the same thing abour John Major's (equally cr@p government) and he got re-elected despite the housing slump and recession that this caused!

They are all the same mate. Cameron would have done the same thing. Politicians love HPI!

they need a bloody good kicking...

you're not alone- i can assure you of that- just reading the title of this thread has got my blood boiling- the image of the 2 c**** sniggering and laughing as cameron was reading out his speech is like watching a thief steal from you and laugh in your face- gordon brown will go down as one of the worst pm's this country has ever seen :angry:

This is what the powers that be want you to believe, i'm very much doubting that they take as much of our money as they'd like you to believe. In that way they can divert much of your anger from where it truly belongs : themselves. The numbers below also don't include wastage, e.g. PFI's, initiatives such as doubled NHS spending (40>80 billion over 7 years), etc.

Annual cost (£ billions)

• Job Seekers Allowance: 2.3

• Housing benefit: 4.1

• Income Support: 6.5

• Child benefit: 8.8

• Benefits for disabled: 10.8

• Contribution-based pensions: 42.1

(Smaller costs include winter fuel payments for the elderly, at £1.7bn, etc. Source: Department for Work and Pensions, 2003)

Estimated annual cost (£ billions):

• Corporate tax avoidance: 85

• Business fraud: 14

• Government fraud in Whitehall: 5

• Tobacco smuggling: 3.5

• VAT fraud on mobile phones: 2.5

• Total welfare fraud: 2

• Jobseekers Allowance fraud: 0.19

• Bulldozer smuggling: 0.15

(Sources, respectively: Guardian, 12/4/02; BBC Radio 4, 'Today', 23/8/01; BBC Radio 4 News, 1996; Guardian 17/12/99; BBC Radio 4, 'Today', 3/7/03; DWP, 2003; The Informal Economy, by Lord Grabiner, March 2000; Guardian, 25/8/01)

i dont think there is this genuine 'backlash' on the 4p beer increase.

i think this is just the press saying it.

they dont care, and if any northerner who drank a lot did care, he would hardly call a newspaper.

no. its just easy press. smokers drinkers. faceless numbers, but to the minds of editors and london types,

they think all the concerns of the working classes revolve around the price of a pint of shitty lager.

it goes to show how dumb they are and what utter shit they print.

This is what the powers that be want you to believe, i'm very much doubting that they take as much of our money as they'd like you to believe. In that way they can divert much of your anger from where it truly belongs : themselves. The numbers below also don't include wastage, e.g. PFI's, initiatives such as doubled NHS spending (40>80 billion over 7 years), etc.

Annual cost (£ billions)

• Job Seekers Allowance: 2.3

• Housing benefit: 4.1

• Income Support: 6.5

• Child benefit: 8.8

• Benefits for disabled: 10.8

• Contribution-based pensions: 42.1

(Smaller costs include winter fuel payments for the elderly, at £1.7bn, etc. Source: Department for Work and Pensions, 2003)

Estimated annual cost (£ billions):

• Corporate tax avoidance: 85

• Business fraud: 14

• Government fraud in Whitehall: 5

• Tobacco smuggling: 3.5

• VAT fraud on mobile phones: 2.5

• Total welfare fraud: 2

• Jobseekers Allowance fraud: 0.19

• Bulldozer smuggling: 0.15

(Sources, respectively: Guardian, 12/4/02; BBC Radio 4, 'Today', 23/8/01; BBC Radio 4 News, 1996; Guardian 17/12/99; BBC Radio 4, 'Today', 3/7/03; DWP, 2003; The Informal Economy, by Lord Grabiner, March 2000; Guardian, 25/8/01)

Actually my point was that noone surely belives all the extra £billions in taxes raised will be spent on welfare (deserved or not..) - its just more money for Labour to continue throwing down the sewer on all things useless - benefit scroungers et al.