House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Monopoly

Foxton Again..

I had a look at this semi bungalow when it was reduced from 379k to 350k and even then nobody went for it..it had a big damp spot under the roof where the plaster came already off and a tiny small spiral staircase and everything was quick fix...

It was a long time on for 350k ....now guess for what it is on now with Foxtons...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/20130665

Can somebody tell me please what they are up to?

I just don't get it :o

No wonder they have just the mattress on the floor, try getting a bed, and furniture up those stairs, no chance of getting them through the window. :lol:

I had a look at this semi bungalow when it was reduced from 379k to 350k and even then nobody went for it..it had a big damp spot under the roof where the plaster came already off and a tiny small spiral staircase and everything was quick fix...

It was a long time on for 350k ....now guess for what it is on now with Foxtons...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/20130665

I just don't get it :o

All they have left now is a chance to manipulate the Rightmove stats, that are based on asking price, with the hope that elements of the press will put a positive spin on it.

Truly desperate! :lol:

They're trying to sell it at the bes price they can get for their client. That's their job.

Don't hate the player....

For god sake..nobody went for it when it was 350..why would anybody go for it now???

I forgot about the damp chimney in the bedroom ..you can even tell it on the pictures ;)

Edited by Monopoly

For god sake..nobody went for it when it was 350..why would anybody go for it now???

I forgot about the damp chimney in the bedroom ..you can even tell it on the pictures ;)

:lol: very badly thought-out loft extension... look where they have put the bath :blink:

57275_SS_chpk0361372_IMG_09_0000.jpg

post-5791-1205610518_thumb.jpg

Round our way, we can tell foxtons are really busy from Property Bee.

Today all their listings had been updated.

Reduction in prices?

Of course not.

They have added the road to the listing.

Instead of "Esher" for the 1.1 million for a house that couldn't sell for 850 18 months ago, it is "Courtlands Avenue, Esher".

Try thinking of a sentence that contains the words "Deckchair" and "Titanic". :D

The valuer is an idiot, was not aware of the pricing history, and guessed the wrong price. The vendor swallowed the guff about the "Foxtons effect".

Either that, or it's been bought by a BMVer using a fraudulent mortgage at a higher price. The difference between the low selling price and the high mortgage is now in the spiv's back pocket. The property can't be sold at the market value due to the higher mortgage. Hence the price.

Or maybe it's a listing error.

I tried to sell my house though Foxtons. They gave us a price £20,000 above everyone else and sent lots of people through who would not buy. "We'll have to lower your price to sell". Not a unique trick with Foxtons, though.

I tried to sell my house though Foxtons. They gave us a price £20,000 above everyone else and sent lots of people through who would not buy. "We'll have to lower your price to sell". Not a unique trick with Foxtons, though.

Thing with Foxtons now though is that everybody knows it's a "Buyer's market", and everybody knows that foxtons over price.

So people will offer even less below asking price or not at all because they know they are being ripped off on price.

Not much of a business model if you give a bigger valuation but don't sell a thing.

I think we should look around for any properties they actually have under offer. :lol:

Thing with Foxtons now though is that everybody knows it's a "Buyer's market", and everybody knows that foxtons over price.

So people will offer even less below asking price or not at all because they know they are being ripped off on price.

Not much of a business model if you give a bigger valuation but don't sell a thing.

I think we should look around for any properties they actually have under offer. :lol:

Exactly..that why I don't get it..how do they stay in business ?

Guest grumpy-old-man
Round our way, we can tell foxtons are really busy from Property Bee.

Today all their listings had been updated.

Reduction in prices?

Of course not.

They have added the road to the listing.

Instead of "Esher" for the 1.1 million for a house that couldn't sell for 850 18 months ago, it is "Courtlands Avenue, Esher".

Try thinking of a sentence that contains the words "Deckchair" and "Titanic". :D

+ rearranging. :lol:

I was talking to an EA today (Ipswich) and they are rather jealous of the two overpricing estate agents who are apparently getting loads of instructions and then getting them to drop their prices. I had that conversation in mind when I last posted.

Edited by IP Newcomer

I was talking to an EA today (Ipswich) and they are rather jealous of the two overpricing estate agents who are apparently getting loads of instructions and then getting them to drop their prices. I had that conversation in mind when I last posted.

Well they know what to do then: Follow the herd.

In the last crash, we ended up doing that as well. We had valuations of 32k, 34k and 40k.

Our mortgage was 40k and we had no cash in the bank to spare for the hit cos we had to put a 10% deposit on the new place.

Of course it never sold at 40k and we had to keep it for 5 more years before getting over the 40k.

Only a hobbit could describe 13 x 10'6" as a 'master bedroom'.

Have I already mentioned that it is impossible to get into the garage with a car?

The drive get very narrow at the end so that you cant get to the garage wit a car...you can see that on the floor plan ;)