House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buffer Bear

Rightmove Data For February

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life...icle3545803.ece

The Rightmove house price index, due to be published next week, will show that asking prices in the mainstream market have risen again.

Will be interesting to see the figures. Have the figures been manipulated by all those extra (Foxtons?) overpriced properties dumped on the database over the last few weeks or so??

I live in the Cotswolds and prices here have come down. Im looking for apartments and they have dropped from £132k to £120k (which is still way over priced). Like the government with inflation figures they fudge them to try and uplift the market.

We escaped a recession last time because people kept spending, taking loans. Now everyone is in debt we cant spend our way out of this one. The high inflation is only just feeding through to the market. Its going to take a couple of years to see the full effect.

In my view what will swing things is if unemployment goes up. We need to keep an eye on those figures as at the moment we still have good employment. However with less money for people to spend in shops I think this will change over this year as companies cut cost by laying people off.

if i put my 3 bed up with an asking price of £62 trillion im pretty sure i would distort the market

asking price is meaningless

Guest grumpy-old-man
if i put my 3 bed up with an asking price of £62 trillion im pretty sure i would distort the market

it would also appear that 'sold' price is also pretty meaningless in some cases, newbuild stuff anyways.

Hence, distorted hpi for 2007 imo. :ph34r:

Quite true, but it won't stop some papers going 'House prices up' and following up with, 'it's alright folks'. Which makes my blood boil.