House Price Crash Forum
ajay

Is Now The Time To Invest In The Polish Zloty

I employ polish builders as i am always having work done on the house, and they say the polish zloty just gets stronger and stronger.

Would it be a good idea to invest in Polish Zloty.

I employ polish builders as i am always having work done on the house, and they say the polish zloty just gets stronger and stronger.

I had a feeling it wouldn't be too long before the polish builders would have to increase their rates to make it worthwhile. ;)

someone mentioned this in the office recently too :)

I'm actually quite tempted*, as part of a basket of things other than gbp/usd.

I'm always worried by the idea that once somethings gone up, it is about to crash. Result is I always miss the boat. (Houses... Gold....)

Are we going to start to get discussion threads started by zloty rampers, with pictures of rockets and stuff ?

*DISCLAIMER: This is coming from someone who is currently holding about half their networth in USD

Edited by t350t

I'm always worried by the idea that once somethings gone up, it is about to crash. Result is I always miss the boat. (Houses... Gold....)

Are we going to start to get discussion threads started by zloty rampers, with pictures of rockets and stuff ?

*DISCLAIMER: This is coming from someone who is currently holding about half their networth in USD

Me as well, i usually miss the best time to invest, and end up buying just before the crash, well i purchased i BTL in Jan 2007.

we have posted plenty of warnings about the dollar over the past 2 years.

What if the Polish builder turns out to be better at building than predicting currency movements? (What is he doing here, in an economy with hardly any new building going on, earning shitey sterling instead of all that Luvverly Polish loot?)

Baskets always have holes. The idea that one can actually diversify is a trick of the light.

The word diversify, when couched in 'investment' terms, is simpy a substitute for lack of thought.

Negatively-correlating one's investments sounds swell until you find out that it cannot be done.

Me as well, i usually miss the best time to invest, and end up buying just before the crash, well i purchased i BTL in Jan 2007.

ouch. how is it working out?

Guest Bart of Darkness

Aren't you already investing in the Zloty by employing them?

The only picture of rockets will be incoming Russian ones.

Your net worth is depreciating at a very fast rate.

Anyone know a spreadbetting firm that offers a wide range of currencies to speculate on? I'm with IG which only seems to offer GBP/USD/YEN/EUR/ZAR/CHF.

Just an anecdote:

The BTL next door to me is usually occupied by Polish agricultural workers on a 6 months AST. At changeover times there is usually a void for a couple of days, but the current void is well over a month.

The only picture of rockets will be incoming Russian ones.

Your net worth is depreciating at a very fast rate.

It was certainly contraversial advice I took!

Measured in £ I have actually made a small profit. (was in at 2.02, received the money 5 months ago, pulled some back at 1.97). I would have been very ok if i'd pulled it all back a couple of weeks ago. I realise that this simply represents the pound falling faster, hence why id' almost feel safer with about 5 different currencies as mentioned by some others on this board. I see that on average most have risen relative to both £ and $.

Waiting to see where it goes on monday, might give up on the whole idea and just put everything back into sterling and re-assess..

My colleagues in the same boat seem very confident in the plan and are still intending to wait for GBP/USD 1.8. It was a payment denominated in dollars, so they reasoned that we should wait for a return to the "natural rate (1.6)" .. but reading around, i'm not sure such a thing actually exists!. I think their reasoning was slightly off, there must be better stores of wealth at the minute, Seems a daft idea now with the IR's

What am i supposed to do, buy properties with it ? :blink:

Stocks have dropped 9% in the time I've had the money & been watching things, so glad i haven't gotten any of those recently..

Seeing gold rise so fast makes it look too much like a bubble for me to want to buy in ...but i've arguably missed out on +37% by not jumping on that bandwagon,

Edited by t350t

ouch. how is it working out?

I get £950 per month rent and my low starter mortgage repayment is £1150 pm, my repayments will go up to £1400pm in about 2 years.

I purchased for £220,000 and have watched the value go up to £260,000 in just over one year it is probably going down now in value now.

I get £950 per month rent and my low starter mortgage repayment is £1150 pm, my repayments will go up to £1400pm in about 2 years.

I purchased for £220,000 and have watched the value go up to £260,000 in just over one year it is probably going down now in value now.

Not thinking of selling then? :huh:

Not thinking of selling then? :huh:

no, i cant this is my pension.