House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

Dissapointed Of Owestry

MSE

Our house went on the market yesterday with a local estate agent. Its a three bed link detached with garage/gardens etc, new kitchen and bathroon in the market town of Oswestry. Its on for the bargin price of £155k which is a lot lower than other three beds in the area that are averaged around 160k which are not up to the same standard. This is the first time we have sold a house and as its priced to sell fast I was kinda hoping I would of had some calls today from the Estate Agents requesting viewing etc.
I just don't understand it, surely its the perfect time to move and grab a bargin as if you are moving to another house they will have to expect a lower offer also. I really can't see this dip in prices lasting with all the big bonus' coming up soon from the city workers which always spreads around the country with the end of the financial year. If I was a first time buyer I would be getting a bargin this spring, and also I heard that in spring sales seem to go up.

Basically I never really listen to the predictions as they are usually wrong and if i buy a house today anywhere in the UK its a fact that in 5 years time it will be worth a lot more than in 2008. Prices might take a temporary dip this year but seriously folks it won't last so its perfect time to sell/move/buy!!

When we first got our house in 2002 friends/relatives said OMG you are being ripped for that you will never make money on that prices are going down bigtime, we were going to wait a year or so but I'm so glad we followed our own thoughts and ignored others who supposedly knew better!!!

Same poster, a bit later.

Come, on is it an HPCer doing a wind-up?

Basically I never really listen to the predictions as they are usually wrong and if i buy a house today anywhere in the UK its a fact that in 5 years time it will be worth a lot more than in 2008. Prices might take a temporary dip this year but seriously folks it won't last so its perfect time to sell/move/buy!!

Come, on is it an HPCer doing a wind-up?

That's what I thought when I saw the 'there's never been a better time' to buy type quote. And the reference to Oswestry soon to be awash with city bonus money. :lol:

Now, i originally hale from a small market town not too far from Oswestry. I can give to you the it's 100% certain and guaranteed the city bonuses are going to mean jack to the 3 bed semi market there. Where do these people get these ideas from...

Now, i originally hale from a small market town not too far from Oswestry. I can give to you the it's 100% certain and guaranteed the city bonuses are going to mean jack to the 3 bed semi market there. Where do these people get these ideas from...

Ah, but its not a semi, its a link detatched, see? That will make all the difference :rolleyes:

And like every other house on MSE threads...

It's on for a bargin price which is a lot lower than others in the area which are not up to the same standard.

Then I read the rest of the thread. Was somebody on here bored last night by any chance?

Edited by linuxgeek

A sad tale of modern day Britain of broken dreams , failed marriages and over priced property that just won't sell.....

I'll give you an example.............a couple purchased a 4 bed detached near my parents last october for 200k. They have now divorced and put the house on the market.

It's up for 170k for a quick sale yet they've had no viewers. The house is stunning and better than ones higher priced.