House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice

I'm Skint And Need To Save Money

And so I want to get myself a motor bike, a bit like the Honda 250cc I could drive when I was 17 or even a 125cc we could all ride after the law was changed but I forgot I now need to pass exams and take tests to drive something that was quite normal for youngsters.

Does this sound like a step in the right direction for a government that says it’s taxing us to death so that we reduce our carbon footprint.

Same goes for all the extension to our major airports and the new coal power stations they are building without the carbon extractor equipment

At home I would fit double glazing to reduce my energy costs but alas I now need to get the councils approval and then pay for inspections.

Many here will know that car tax has just been doubled on many cars and yet it is only going up 15% on cars produced before 2001. Lets fight about that and maybe we will forget the real problem is government is doing anything it can to extract more and more money from us all.

Who cares if interest rates come down 0.25% if the tax on every penny you earn has just gone up 2% and yet we never hear this on the BBC so I wonder why that is.

Mix these mega so called environmental tax rises with a recession and I think we are going to see a lot of people siting in cold damp rooms in the coming years unless we do something about it.

Might I suggest one of these?

RacingBicycle-non.JPG

However make sure you cycle carefully, if you hit a car and even if its not your fault, you could have some very large legal bills unless you get push bike insurance!

Guest Bart of Darkness

Bart: Aw, recycling's useless Lis. Once the Sun burns out, this planet is doomed. You're just making sure we spend our last days using inferior products.

However make sure you cycle carefully, if you hit a car and even if its not your fault, you could have some very large legal bills unless you get push bike insurance!

Rubbish, new laws are being passed making it impossible to take legal action against cyclists involved in RTAs. Unless you are willing to take civil action against a cyclist there is very little you can do and let's face it the stats show that over 90% of all accidents are the fault of drivers of lorries and cars and not the cyclist. 40% of accidents happen when the bike is stationary and normally at traffic lights.

Well thanks for the offer of the push bike but i'm too old for that.

maybe i'll just get myself a 500cc bike and ride it without the correct licence as laws that take away rights without a good reason need to be broken and it's not as if the general public are ever consulted when these laws are changed.

No i don't think 16-18 year olds should have the right to drive a 180mph mean mother but i do object to my rights being taken away when the goverment is trying to play the green card