House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Live Peasant

Lib Dem Budget Response

Just caught the last 30 seconds of Vince Cable's budget response - seemed to be telling it as it is...

Anyone got a link for the video?

Don't have the link, but the peach of a statement was when he laid into BTL'ers:

"Hard working families pay tax of 31 p in the pound yet property speculators pay only 18 p in the pound on their gains............this is just not on".

Get rid of the basket cases in the party (they already seem to be being sidelined) and they may yet become electable.

He's a good bloke, an ex "Shellie" like myself.

Vince told it like it is!

He's not the most charismatic guy. BUT he was/is one of the few politians that knows what he's on about.

Much, much better than the NU-Labour pathetic supply & demand, strong fundamentals, head in the sand spin that Mrs Balls & Co keep spouting.

get in there Vince my old son!

Searched the web and can't find it. Is it usual for these broadcasts to go on the web?

Edit: Scrap that its 2 years old

Edited by DoctorJ

Guest Mr Parry
Don't have the link, but the peach of a statement was when he laid into BTL'ers:

"Hard working families pay tax of 31 p in the pound yet property speculators pay only 18 p in the pound on their gains............this is just not on".

Get rid of the basket cases in the party (they already seem to be being sidelined) and they may yet become electable.

He's a good bloke, an ex "Shellie" like myself.

Yes I've worked with people at Shell for a total of 4 years, 1997 then 2001 through 2004. You will not find a more professional and competent bunch.