House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Are Women Finally Seeing Sense?

Guest Bart of Darkness
Celebrity or “It” bags cost anything from 500 quid to 10,000, depending on the skin of the creature they are made from

Whaaat!!??!! :o Ten thousand pounds??

If you are a man, this phenomenon may have passed you by.

No, I'm familiar with mass financial insanity, after all I've studied the UK housing market for the past few years. ;)

Which is tragic for the women concerned, because they cost £985 and £886 respectively. As so often in fashion, the phenomenon is down to women buying to impress other women.

I hate them. There is something morally repulsive about an accessory that costs so much for such a short lifespan

= =

I GET IT NOW.

It is a "Stupidity Tax" on status-conscious females

Yes, but at least they will have something to bring their spuds home in when the supermarkets stop handing out free plastic bags!

Guest AuntJess

I think that caption should read " are YOUNG women finally seeing sense?" I find it hard to believe that any woman that has been through the hardships/hard times that I have, would be lunatic enough to spend that much on a handbag.It is bordering on criminal waste. :angry:

I would not spend that much even if I won the lottery. I'd rather give a hefty donation to a worthy cause/charity.

Celebrity culture could only last as long as the (borrowed) money was available to fund it.

Now we will see a widening gap between the real and the terribly fake celebs everywhere.

It's hard to look like Posh Spice while shopping at the charity shops.

:ph34r:

Celebrity culture could only last as long as the (borrowed) money was available to fund it.

Now we will see a widening gap between the real and the terribly fake celebs everywhere.

It's hard to look like Posh Spice while shopping at the charity shops.

:ph34r:

you will be surprised what designer items you can pick up at the fraction of their original cost in some charity shops.

Location, Location, Location. ;)

I would like to defend this generation of women by quoting from Coleen Rooney's autobiography.. aheemmm

"heee hee hee these andbags I seen hee hee ,oh they was the lovliest andbags in Florence de wer, heeee hee hee andbags ! oh god dey was lovly!

Now gerls say 2 me youse is a role model !we love ur andbag! , heee hee loverly. Like dem ones in Florence . Now Youse could all be models like me he hee heee andbags"

Let's be realistic. This article in no way refers to all women. In the same way that other half-witted columnists do not speak for all men.

These 'designer' bags (never get that reference - everything has been designed by someone, what makes these particular ones so special? Oh yes, they cost lots, so must be better) are usually bought by easily influenced younger women who can ill-afford them. Women who can afford them (normally older, better educated or better paid) have the wit to see through the marketing/media hype.

There are plenty of sensible and frugal women in this country, but they do not tend to write articles in the meeja about the latest must-have/designer/luxury tat as they are busy getting on with working/running businesses/raising families. Same goes for men.

Whaaat!!??!! :o Ten thousand pounds??
Celebrity or “It” bags cost anything from 500 quid to 10,000, depending on the skin of the creature they are made from

No, I'm familiar with mass financial insanity, after all I've studied the UK housing market for the past few years. ;)

Stop press......."The latest must have accessory is the 'Btl Bag', made from hard up landlords scrotums. They part with their 'crown jewel holders' to make a few final mortgage payments.

Repo agents & lenders scour exotic locations such as Spain, Ireland, parts of the Us and now the Uk, for these creatures who are caught in elaborate traps. "

:P

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

Let's be realistic. This article in no way refers to all women. In the same way that other half-witted columnists do not speak for all men.

These 'designer' bags (never get that reference - everything has been designed by someone, what makes these particular ones so special? Oh yes, they cost lots, so must be better) are usually bought by easily influenced younger women who can ill-afford them. Women who can afford them (normally older, better educated or better paid) have the wit to see through the marketing/media hype.

There are plenty of sensible and frugal women in this country, but they do not tend to write articles in the meeja about the latest must-have/designer/luxury tat as they are busy getting on with working/running businesses/raising families. Same goes for men.

I see it as another of the "because I'm worth it" (God, I hate those ads!) attitude. I've never worked out whether some of these dimwits REALLY believe they're so special or whether it's precariously hanging on to fragile self-esteem. I noted it when in maternity wards having my kids - the ones on benefits were the ones who turned their noses up at anything second-hand, and charity shops - no way!

I believe there's some research around that shows that the long-term unemployed get more picky, not less, the longer they've been out of work....

Edited by cartimandua51

I see it as another of the "because I'm worth it" (God, I hate those ads!) attitude. I've never worked out whether some of these dimwits REALLY believe they're so special or whether it's precariously hanging on to fragile self-esteem. I noted it when in maternity wards having my kids - the ones on benefits were the ones who turned their noses up at anything second-hand, and charity shops - no way!I believe there's some research around that shows that the long-term unemployed get more picky, not less, the longer they've been out of work....

Spot on Queen C. The whole handbag thing has been fuelled by chavs for chavs courtesy of footballers' wives and Hello/ OK/ Grazia.

Masked Tulip you should not have entitled the thread quite as you did. We are talking about a samll minority of airheads not the general female population. I worry that your avatar completes the picture. It is a shame - you are a great poster except on the topic of women. ;)

Yes, but at least they will have something to bring their spuds home in when the supermarkets stop handing out free plastic bags!

Somebody's gonna be getting a spanking tonight :P

Guest Shedfish

the comments... :lol:

You still can't find anything you've put in them, however expensive they are.

Frank Upton, Solihull,

Ms Fish has a small rucksack. same problem, only much worse...

I GET IT NOW.

It is a "Stupidity Tax" on status-conscious females

Brilliant!

:lol:

My Quote of the week!