House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rachel

How Desperate Is This Ea?

In this weeks Bristol property pages,one EA has a box in their advert asking:

'WANTED, buyers for these properties, REWARD £300,contact Office on 0117.......'

:lol::lol::lol:

There was an EA in Norwich offering £5k cashback on a house with an AP of £129,950 but the price has recently been reduced accordingly...Wasn't such a great idea in the 1st place as the buyer would have still been liable for 1% stamp duty. :angry:

Two Estate Agents in Durham City have "SALE" signs in their windows - Dowen and Reeds Rains on Old Elvet.

In fact, one of them (Reeds Rains I think) has "Reduced" signs on over half of the properties in their window.

There was an EA in Norwich offering £5k cashback on a house with an AP of £129,950 but the price has recently been reduced accordingly...Wasn't such a great idea in the 1st place as the buyer would have still been liable for 1% stamp duty. :angry:

SDLT is payable on the relevant "consideration" - which would be after the £5000 Cashback.

One EA in warrington a month or so back (one of the Halifax EAs I think) had a "Sale" in their shop window.

One property was previously selling at something like £224995 and was reduced in their "Sale" to only 224950.

Whenever I was in the area and feeling down I would have a wander past the said shop to view this "Sale" and ended up walking away in fits of laughters. Cheered me up no end.