House Price Crash Forum
Guest The_Oldie

Adverse House Price Changes

Guest The_Oldie

I'm just watching Bernanke's sub-prime and repossessions speech on Bloomberg.

He just mentioned "Adverse house price changes". Another new euphemism :lol:.

"lenders shouldn't be able to advertise loans in one language, and put disclaimers in another language"

ohh come off it ben!

(the dow fell another 10 points just after he said it)

I'm just watching Bernanke's sub-prime and repossessions speech on Bloomberg.

He just mentioned "Adverse house price changes". Another new euphemism :lol:.

Hmmm.... a bit like a negative profit then? Or a capital increase inversion? Oi loikes it!

Is there a link for Bernanke's speech?

I'm thinking that, maybe, we should collect as many banker euphemisms as we can... and present them on a website dedicated to quoting such things. bunchofbankers.org is available as a domain name. We could allow visitors to score the phrases and to promote or demote quotes to get a league table of frivolous verbosity.

The Hindenburg didn't crash and burn, it just encountered a negative inflationary negative extinguishment event and failed to maintain ground clearance.

Edited by BarrelShifter

The Hindenburg didn't crash and burn, it just encountered a negative inflationary negative extinguishment event and failed to maintain ground clearance.

lol I once worked at a chemical firm ,when a drum of highly toxic chemicals exploded ,it was very lucky that noone was about at the time . However the minutes in the incident report stated that the drum had not exploded ,but that there had been an over pressureisation.

I'm thinking that, maybe, we should collect as many banker euphemisms as we can... and present them on a website dedicated to quoting such things. bunchofbankers.org is available as a domain name. We could allow visitors to score the phrases and to promote or demote quotes to get a league table of frivolous verbosity.

Not bankers but worth a post

"As you know, my position is clear -- I'm the Commander Guy." --George W. Bush, the president formerly known as "The Decider"

"There ought to be limits to freedom " Dubbya

"We're kicking ass." --President George W. Bush, on the security situation in Iraq, to Australia Deputy Prime Minister Mark Vaile, Sydney, Australia, Sept. 5, 2007

"In Iran, we don't have homosexuals, like in your country." --Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, addressing the United Nations

Rumsfiled calssic

"We do know of certain knowledge that he [Osama Bin Laden] is either in Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead."

"[Osama Bin Laden is] either alive and well or alive and not too well or not alive."

"We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat." –on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction

"Secretary Powell and I agree on every single issue that has ever been before this administration except for those instances where Colin's still learning."

"Death has a tendency to encourage a depressing view of war."

"Freedom's untidy, and free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do bad things." –on looting in Iraq after the U.S. invasion, adding "stuff happens"

"I am not going to give you a number for it because it's not my business to do intelligent work." -asked to estimate the number of Iraqi insurgents while testifying before Congress

lol I once worked at a chemical firm ,when a drum of highly toxic chemicals exploded ,it was very lucky that noone was about at the time . However the minutes in the incident report stated that the drum had not exploded ,but that there had been an over pressureisation.

We had an oil pipeline rupture on Thursday resulting in an oil spill and shut down which is a notifiable event .The Incident Report for the regulator classifies it as a "minor loss of containment" and yes we are back pumping the black gold and yes the regulator has accepted the report from afar.

"lenders shouldn't be able to advertise loans in one language, and put disclaimers in another language"

ohh come off it ben!

(the dow fell another 10 points just after he said it)

prices always go up

pero tambien baja. :lol: