House Price Crash Forum
lypsey

I Hope You Don't Think Me Rude

I have noticed that the site has lots of things not related to property on the this board

We mention

50 pointless products

HPC crosswrord

Mining Renaiscence

Something about burglers

some thing about Donkeys

etc etc

I have loved this web site for about the last 3 years but if i was visiting today it looks like we are a bunch of looneys and have nothing serious to say. Why can't we get this rubbish off the main board

I hope this site becomes more popular than the BBC and Reuters and we won't achieve it like this

Sorry but I like a laugh like everyone else but we want people to JOIN us , not mock us???

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I have noticed that the site has lots of things not related to property on the this board

We mention

50 pointless products

HPC crosswrord

Mining Renaiscence

Something about burglers

some thing about Donkeys

etc etc

I have loved this web site for about the last 3 years but if i was visiting today it looks like we are a bunch of looneys and have nothing serious to say. Why can't we get this rubbish off the main board

I hope this site becomes more popular than the BBC and Reuters and we won't achieve it like this

Sorry but I like a laugh like everyone else but we want people to JOIN us , not mock us???

May I suggest you attempt a little less 4nal retention?

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

We mention

50 pointless products

HPC crosswrord

Mining Renaiscence

Something about burglers

some thing about Donkeys

etc etc

I loved the donkey one. What a great thread that was. The comments and pictures of that fat pudding crusty had me on the floor.

We mention

50 pointless products

HPC crosswrord

Mining Renaiscence

Something about burglers

some thing about Donkeys

etc etc

Once the crash is in full swing (imminent), there is going to be little directly related to house prices other than schadenfeude and survivalist postings. The alternative investments subforum is good for nothing but tumbleweed. A bit of donkey action on the main page might really attract people.

if you could only talk about houses and nothing else this site would die in 3 months time

you need to keep it at lest somewhat general

Sorry, this board is the sum of its posters, regardless of your hopes and wishes for it. It is the spread of views from the economics experts to the plain silly like that make this place so much better than the BBC or Reuters. As news gathering/clearing source this place beats those sites hands down. So what if there's the occasional Donky thread? Aren't we allowed to laugh in the face of impending armageddon?

I found a site called - hungariun butt sluts!

Got to be the funniest name ever that has

No points for guessing the content ;)

We mention

50 pointless products

HPC crosswrord

Mining Renaiscence

Something about burglers

some thing about Donkeys

etc etc

This site has a great resources section that someone's invested a lot of time building, plus it's a terrific aggregator of bearish news. It could have been taken further and established itself as the pre-eminent destination for anyone interested in the darker prospects for the UK housing market.

However, for whatever reason, HPC has taken a different route. The forum can still be lots of fun, but you're right that the laissez-faire moderation means it's probably now too cluttered with contention and trivia to retain visitors looking for something more authoratative.

This site has a great resources section that someone's invested a lot of time building, plus it's a terrific aggregator of bearish news. It could have been taken further and established itself as the pre-eminent destination for anyone interested in the darker prospects for the UK housing market.

However, for whatever reason, HPC has taken a different route. The forum can still be lots of fun, but you're right that the laissez-faire moderation means it's probably now too cluttered with contention and trivia to retain visitors looking for something more authoratative.

May I humbly suggest an over 50s forum section where a chairman can be in charge of relevance and indexing with a strict voting system after Wednesday afternoon biscuits?

May I humbly suggest an over 50s forum section where a chairman can be in charge of relevance and indexing with a strict voting system after Wednesday afternoon biscuits?

Okay, maybe I came across as too stuffy. This forum is good fun and I visit most days, but it could be more influential, it could be a greater force in actually moving the market.

To the OP...

It's called "friday"

p.s. can I point out the irony of this thread?

*points*

Edited by meow

Okay, maybe I came across as too stuffy. This forum is good fun and I visit most days, but it could be more influential, it could be a greater force in actually moving the market.

Some people, like my cousin Stan, like to economic principles delivered in the medium of donkey.

He finds it quite accessible.

I think you will find most of it is related to property in some way, not sure about this though......??? :lol:

We mention

50 pointless products

HPC crosswrord

Mining Renaiscence

Something about burglers

some thing about Donkeys

etc etc

Very rude - do you realise how much effort went into the HPC crossword?

<_< What kind of biscuits?

<_< What kind of biscuits?

I nominate Lincoln biscuits. You don't see them much these days. Very nice. I especially like the little nobbles on the top. Last time I had any was when I gave blood a few months back.

I noticed the mods here seem to have eased up on off topic threads. A policy change perhaps?

As for the threads themselves, I don't see that a little humour ruins the forums reputation as an informative place. Don't underestimate peoples intelligence when they discover this site. The odd quirky thread won't send them running off.

Humour and information are not mutually exclusive. Thankfully.

What's there to talk about? The crash is a done deal and is panning out pretty much exactly as the consensus opinion on here predicted. I turn on the tele and it's like they're reading out the HPC archives. Take yesterday - Newsnight, Question Time, This Week - it was all there, all our crackpot ideas, it's all received wisdom now. Okay, most people haven't twigged quite how bad it's going to be yet, that house prices are about to half, and the economic fallout is going to be the worst thing since the 30s, but they're getting the idea.

So it's boring now. I need to get ahead of the curve on the next big thing and I'm hoping that by hanging round here I might get in on it.

Guest Mr Parry

Link please!

Guest Mr Parry
What's there to talk about? The crash is a done deal and is panning out pretty much exactly as the consensus opinion on here predicted. I turn on the tele and it's like they're reading out the HPC archives. Take yesterday - Newsnight, Question Time, This Week - it was all there, all our crackpot ideas, it's all received wisdom now. Okay, most people haven't twigged quite how bad it's going to be yet, that house prices are about to half, and the economic fallout is going to be the worst thing since the 30s, but they're getting the idea.

So it's boring now. I need to get ahead of the curve on the next big thing and I'm hoping that by hanging round here I might get in on it.

The three stages of truth:

First it is ridiculed, then it is violently opposed. Finally it is accepted as being self-evident.

Is it about House Price Crashes? What is a hungariun?

You seem to be quite knowledgeable about what "we" want...

The way these forums tend to work is simple: whichever threads people want to contribute to tend to gravitate towards the top; whichever threads people aren't interested in just drop off the bottom and vanish into the ether. Similarly, people who don't like the majority of topics under discussion tend to leave and be replaced by people who do. And new people bring their own ideas, opinions and sense of humour to the table.

Personally, I think the sense of community on this board is one of its greatest assets, and that will not be improved by excessive moderation or tinkering. I see plenty of threads full of interesting and informative discussion, and it's not exactly hard to tell the difference from the titles.

Long live the donkeys!