House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

The Big Lie About Inflation

Interesting article. It's been said here by others many times, but good to see it in a national paper. Cheers for posting.

Lurker stig.

I found the link of the pussycat dolls lingerie line even more interesting....

Guest happy?

That'll be the same Daily Mail which this week declared the Chief Constable of GMP committed suicide by leaping off the side of a mountain - forcing the coroner to take the highly unusual step of immediately publishing the preliminary findings of the autopsy which showed he had no external injuries.

Anyone who regards the Daily Mail as a source of reliable information / a newspaper is gullible. Can I interest you in buying Tower Bridge?

Just watch some news reports on various channels of the credit crunch and all had financial boys on saying that inflation was on the rise in the West and that rates would have to reflect this eventually. One said inflation was more of a problem for the BOE than for the FED.

Just watch some news reports on various channels of the credit crunch and all had financial boys on saying that inflation was on the rise in the West and that rates would have to reflect this eventually. One said inflation was more of a problem for the BOE than for the FED.

they're all scumbags- the government and the media- the goverment for being the crooks that they are giving us this facade of an inflation measure and the media for lapping up everything the government throws at them and not questioning or seeing things in an objective manner-

the comments say it all really

Higher inflation = higher interest rates = housing turmoil

More bear food, as if we needed any. Inflation is affecting us all though.

No pain no gain unfortunately.

Guest grumpy-old-man
Interesting article. It's been said here by others many times, but good to see it in a national paper. Cheers for posting.

Lurker stig.

yes, I myself may have mentioned the stats are a load of sh1te once or twice. ;):D

now then, please just remind me those of you who are in the 'UK inflation stats are not manipulated' crew again ?

the phrase 'borrowed time' springs to mind. Just wait 'til that cpi & rpi inflates to 10% next year (or next government change, whichever comes first). :lol::lol:

Guest happy?
yes, I myself may have mentioned the stats are a load of sh1te once or twice. ;):D

now then, please just remind me those of you who are in the 'UK inflation stats are not manipulated' crew again ?

the phrase 'borrowed time' springs to mind. Just wait 'til that cpi & rpi inflates to 10% next year (or next government change, whichever comes first). :lol::lol:

Are you saying that voting for David Cameron causes inflation?

That'll be the same Daily Mail which this week declared the Chief Constable of GMP committed suicide by leaping off the side of a mountain - forcing the coroner to take the highly unusual step of immediately publishing the preliminary findings of the autopsy which showed he had no external injuries.

Anyone who regards the Daily Mail as a source of reliable information / a newspaper is gullible. Can I interest you in buying Tower Bridge?

So you think the official inflation figures are correct, and your not gullible.

So you believe inflation is at 2% ?? If you do then i have some plots in Florida i'd like to sell you.

Interesting article, good to see it published in the mainstream press (even if it is The Daily Mail).

You know, rubbish as the Daily Mail is, it is the typical read of the amateur BTL investor and therefore very influential to the HPC.co.uk cause.

Guest happy?
So you think the official inflation figures are correct, and your not gullible.

I believe that CPI and RPI measure different things, why is this so hard to grasp, why do so many otherwise intelligent people consider it a conspiracy?

Oh dear, the purple rinse brigade readership of the Daily Hate arent going to be too happy....

Ah well, at leat they have 300% increase in Equity to get them by. the rest of us are Buggered!

Exactly this is the most hypercritical article ever, they are very happy to sell their house at a massive profit at the expense of others and cheer from the rooftops at how wonderful house price inflation is. - Infact i am going to post this on their board. so there!

Oh dear, the purple rinse brigade readership of the Daily Hate arent going to be too happy....

Ah well, at leat they have 300% increase in Equity to get them by. the rest of us are Buggered!

Exactly this is the most hypercritical article ever, they are very happy to sell their house at a massive profit at the expense of others and cheer from the rooftops at how wonderful house price inflation is. - Infact i am going to post this on their board. so there!

Guest grumpy-old-man
I believe that CPI and RPI measure different things, why is this so hard to grasp, why do so many otherwise intelligent people consider it a conspiracy?

please tell us all of an essential service or essential product that has only gone up by 2-4 % in the last year ? <_<

I can tell you plenty that have gone up by 10% or more, some at 40% + in a year

wages are stagnant & have been since dot.con deflated

oil, the main inflationary driver is $110.......once this feeds through into the economy, even the well off people will feel the pinch.

Let's be honest though, you know this already Mr Happy,your just playing. ;):D