House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
housespider

Classic Example Of Overpricing

This is what we are up against in our area.

This house has been on the market for at least 5 months - We went and had a look at it in November. Very quaint yes but very, very boxy. It's on a busy road and the 'garden' is about 20ft long and is at a 90 degree upward slope. The fact that it is still on the market should be telling the owners something ie. it's too much money for too little house but no, here it is still available and still far too expensive. We told the estate agent at the time that in our opinion the house was worth no more than 320k and he practically laughed at us, but looks like we will be having the last laugh afterall.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-180...=4&tr_t=buy

so sorry - put the wrong link in. Here is the property I am refeering to (however in alot of ways the house link I did post is even more rediculous)

This is the house I referred to http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-170...=4&tr_t=buy

Edited by housespider

So its on a busy road, and doesn't even have a garage for that price? They're having a bubble bath!

There is parking at the front of the house, room for about 3 cars but still expensive even so

humm

well at 385k it is sold subject to contract so maybe he was right to bearly conceal his laughter

Well I be damned........that must have happened after I posted the link. 385k was the asking price, would be interested to see what it actually sold for......

Well I be damned........that must have happened after I posted the link. 385k was the asking price, would be interested to see what it actually sold for......

Hold your horses. Sold.......................... STC. Let's see if it goes through! Plenty don't. :unsure:

Hold your horses. Sold.......................... STC. Let's see if it goes through! Plenty don't. :unsure:

Very true, last I heard it's something like 3 out of 10 fall through for some reason or other.......

If it does go through and at that price I will be totally dismayed. I saw the house and all things considered even if I really, really loved the house, I couldn't in all honesty say that it was worth more than £310k MAX. But this is a big part of the houseprice problem, people seem to lose all sense of reality and proportion and are willing to pay astronomical sums for not very much!