House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dubsie

Whaling Starts Again

Most of us have live decades now without the discusting sight of whaling hitting our television and new papers. But this year we have seen a new wave of this vile practice. What is more disgusting is that our government is doing very little to try and stop this....even strong condemnation could reverse the decision of Japan.

What is going wrong with our world....we are going backwards?

Nothing wrong with whaling, i have never eaten whale meat and never will, but each to their own.

If the Japanese want to restart whaling that is their decision, good for them.

Nothing wrong with whaling, i have never eaten whale meat and never will, but each to their own.

If the Japanese want to restart whaling that is their decision, good for them.

I think it is more to do with the way they are killed.

So much blood too

It would be interesting to see the public reaction if they broadcast pigs and cows at the slaughter house.

I think it is more to do with the way they are killed.

So much blood too

It would be interesting to see the public reaction if they broadcast pigs and cows at the slaughter house.

I kill my own pigs and chickens and I've no problem with it. Whales are very intelligent and are also endangered, the killing of them is babaric and cruel. Whales are not fish they are mammels and have the same nerve structure of land living mammels and hence feel pain in the same way. I'm sure if we shot cows with an exploding harpoon then there would be a public out cry.

Most of us have live decades now without the discusting sight of whaling hitting our television and new papers. But this year we have seen a new wave of this vile practice. What is more disgusting is that our government is doing very little to try and stop this....even strong condemnation could reverse the decision of Japan.

What is going wrong with our world....we are going backwards?

It's dreadful isn't it. I'd much rather watch pictures of little baby lambs having their throats cut open so that I can eat them on Sundays.

I'm sure if we shot cows with an exploding harpoon then there would be a public out cry.

No they wouldnt, cows are not cute and fluffy and we have not been brainwashed into thinking that they are in some way special - like we are with whales, badgers, foxes, dolphins etc.

If the UK public really gave a t*ss about animal welfare then they should start thinking about how their own 'cheap' meat was produced. Tens of thousands of cows are slaughtered and incinerated each year for having TB but if you threaten to remove a sett of badgers that have the same affliction the bunny (or badger) lovers start getting their knickers in a twist - in a similar way to the reaction to the whaling.

It's dreadful isn't it. I'd much rather watch pictures of little baby lambs having their throats cut open so that I can eat them on Sundays.

MMM.... Lamb chop tastes good....

Suppose its "terrible" that foxes kill lambs by ripping out eviscerating them, but thats "different" isnt it! <_<

As for badgers, viscious little b*ggers. And they stink, worse than hare.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I'm sure if we shot cows with an exploding harpoon then there would be a public out cry.

That would make a great TV show.

"On George Dexter's Organic Farm of Fun in North Devon, after a good life on the meadowy pastures, the animals are let loose as prey for bankers looking for weekend sport."

"On George Dexter's Organic Farm of Fun in North Devon, after a good life on the meadowy pastures, the animals are let loose as prey for bankers looking for weekend sport."

I think they should get Jeremy Clarkson to do it. He is after all the anti-christ of global warming.

I think they should get Jeremy Clarkson to do it. He is after all the anti-christ of global warming.

Dressed in a check shirt and standing on the back of a Hummer decked out in lights.

I am outraged by the annual brutal slaughter of dolphins and whales that takes place in Japan . the images of bloody red water clearly shows the world that Japan has little respect for the state of the world's oceans and for the conservation of the marine resources it claims to support. :angry:

Meanwhile can anyone suggest a good place to store the harpoons used by these cruel, hheartless fu...... b******d? I can think of one place..... Oh Ambassador.... :)

http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin

I am outraged by the annual brutal slaughter of dolphins and whales that takes place in Japan . the images of bloody red water clearly shows the world that Japan has little respect for the state of the world's oceans and for the conservation of the marine resources it claims to support. :angry:

Meanwhile can anyone suggest a good place to store the harpoons used by these cruel, hheartless fu...... b******d? I can think of one place..... Oh Ambassador.... :)

http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin

I think the international community should introduce laws which prohibit sharks from eating people. People are sometimes more intelligent than whales and some varieties are also fluffy.

As is alluded to aboce, the hypocrisy on this issue staggering, bordering on racist. Have you seen what happens to chickens? Or how veal is made? Eating whales and dogs bad. Cows and sheep good etc. So whales are mammals? I could sworn cows are too. And pigs. And sheep.

In any case, they basically only hunt minke whales, which aren't in danger of being made extinct (why would the Japanese want to kill off something they want to eat in future?).

Presumably Hindus feeling pretty annoyed seeing Europeans eat beef. Maybe they should start attacking us for that by throwing acid at cow transporters. Or Musilms to our pigs.

Disclaimer: I've eaten whale sashimi. Wasn't very nice.

As is alluded to aboce, the hypocrisy on this issue staggering, bordering on racist. Have you seen what happens to chickens? Or how veal is made? Eating whales and dogs bad. Cows and sheep good etc. So whales are mammals? I could sworn cows are too. And pigs. And sheep.

Very true. How about foie gras? I know it's cruel but it tastes so good.

Artificially fattened duck liver....mmmmm......

"Only when the last tree has withered, the last fish has been caught, and the last river has been poisoned, will you realise you cannot eat money."

Who mentioned money ?

In any case, they basically only hunt minke whales, which aren't in danger of being made extinct (why would the Japanese want to kill off something they want to eat in future?).

Presumably Hindus feeling pretty annoyed seeing Europeans eat beef. Maybe they should start attacking us for that by throwing acid at cow transporters. Or Musilms to our pigs.

I ate a monkey's arm in Brazil once. It was delicious.

most of the japanese feel the same way as you about the taste of whale meet too.

Thats why most of it gets turned into dog food.