House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EmpiricalBear

Dorset Sale Fails 4 Times

Talked to someone yesterday who has been selling a property in Dorset, over 9 months they had 4 offers. All failed due to buyers unable to secure mortgage funding (or so they said).

... maybe for some, saying they couldn't get the funding is a 'get out' rather than admit they are afraid of a falling housing market?

Still, this seemed quite an impressive indicator of where we are heading.

Talked to someone yesterday who has been selling a property in Dorset, over 9 months they had 4 offers. All failed due to buyers unable to secure mortgage funding (or so they said).

... maybe for some, saying they couldn't get the funding is a 'get out' rather than admit they are afraid of a falling housing market?

Still, this seemed quite an impressive indicator of where we are heading.

It's not a strange building is it?

Or a short leasehold?

All sorts of reasons - as well as the obvious it's overpriced or mortgage companies are tightening up.

I also know of two properties - one is on its 5th sale & I am pretty sure theres no fault with it, as I nearly (and wish I had) purchased the attached semi for 260K in 2006. Really nice area

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-100...=2&tr_t=buy

This one is on its 4th sale - Quite funny as it was up for 275K originally & when I approached the EA months ago, they advised me there was no way the vendor would accept 250K. Haha - shoes on the other foot now. I did a drive-by on this one & road was undesirable anyway in my opinion. Bet she didnt sell it for asking price -

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-727...=7&tr_t=buy

:P

This is why, when the time comes, you'll be really chuffed to be a FTB with a healthy deposit.

You'll actually be able to buy a house, thus breaking a chain and giving an immense sense of relief to 3, 4 maybe more sellers.

Just don't do it yet!