House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
smiffy1967

New Builds Come To A Halt

Brick layer i know in Bracknell Berkshire has told me that a massive new housing development on peakcock farm which basically joins Bracknell to John Redwoods Wokingham have stopped development of any further new houses? I last went past a few weeks ago and there must have been about 300 houses completed, wonder what has spooked them to halt development of the other allotments?

Also here in Telford, Massive projects going on, mellenium housing project, iron masters and a few others, but nothing really looks like it is moving any more?

Has it know almost become impossible to get a mortgage?

And with the economic news in the last few days, whom would want to take on such a big commitment when recession seems unavoidable for the UK?

I drove through the one in Bracknell on my way to the local dump. Went through a couple of times in the last couple of weeks. As an ex builder I always keep an eye on what is going on. Still seemed to be building to me.

The houses are a joke. I went in there a while ago to kill half an hour. Bear in mind it is right next to the A329M. 4 bed houses have one parking space and another behind the terraced houses! Every now and then the terraces have a tunnel through them to the car park behind. So all the people in the 4 bed houses park behind your 2 bed house - where your garden should be.

How they got planning for that density I do not know.

How people are dense enough to buy them I do not know.

I drove through the one in Bracknell on my way to the local dump. Went through a couple of times in the last couple of weeks. As an ex builder I always keep an eye on what is going on. Still seemed to be building to me.

The houses are a joke. I went in there a while ago to kill half an hour. Bear in mind it is right next to the A329M. 4 bed houses have one parking space and another behind the terraced houses! Every now and then the terraces have a tunnel through them to the car park behind. So all the people in the 4 bed houses park behind your 2 bed house - where your garden should be.

How they got planning for that density I do not know.

How people are dense enough to buy them I do not know.

I didnt say they were not building, i said they they are not going ahead with further development and that was from a gang of builders on site. They are scaling back production.

Besides, like i said, whom qualifies for a mortgage anymore? and whom would want to take on such a risk when they may not have a job 6 months from now?

No more sheep left to pay over inflated prices, builders know they cannot sell houses worth £200k for £230 with incentives.

I work with EAs one told me how a builder sold an off plan property to his cousin for £230k but he only paid £175k the remainder added by the builder. This went to land registry and became the yard stick. = house inflation.

This is rife all over

:unsure:

Also here in Telford, Massive projects going on, mellenium housing project, iron masters and a few others, but nothing really looks like it is moving any more?

Telford's housing market wont have been helped by these layoffs

http://www.shropshirestar.com/2008/03/01/i...-to-help-staff/

One of the biggest employers in the town I believe.